Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2006   #1
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
*OFFICIAL* SES NYC 2006 Party & Events Schedule

*Updated: 2/27/2006

OK - Here it is. This is the thread that I will be updating with all information that I receive regarding parties, events and gatherings for the upcoming Search Engine Strategies Conference in New York City February 27 - March 2 2006.

If you are a search engine or vendor events coordinator and are planning an official gathering or even an informal one that you would like me to promote like I did for SES San Jose 2005, then send me a PM with all of the details that you would like included. If you are an attendee and you've heard of a great event, also feel free to send me a PM and I'll look into adding it to the list. SES Chicago 2005 had no advance planning for after hours events and we want to make sure that we do things in advance for NYC.

Sunday February 26th 2006

Everyone usually meets up at the downstairs bar ('Lobby Lounge' near the reception desk). That way you can see who is arriving plus 'Bridges' - the bar around the corner is usually closed on Sunday evenings.

Monday February 27th 2006

Day 1 of conference.

SEMPO

Time: 6:00 - 7:00 Free Cocktails

6:30 Meeting starts

SEMPO is hosting a cocktail mixer for the industry, come see what SEMPO is about!

Ask.com

Time: 7pm-11pm

Ask.com presents the "Code Red" party:

Attention all SES attendees: You are invited to attend CODE RED -- hosted by Ask.com. This year, Ask.com is bringing large projected video games, vintage and current arcade games for some of the entertainment. You can watch battling robots take each other out, plus NY-inspired drinks and food (hosted, of course). Want to know more? Come to the party and see what else is in store.

It’s free to attend – just bring your SES badge or business card for entry.

All CODE RED attendees will receive a coupon to be entered in drawings for Slingboxes to be given away at the Ask.com SES booth.

511 Lexington Ave. @48th

Tuesday February 28th 2006

IM Live

Time: 5:30pm - 6:30pm

Networking Cocktail Reception

Hilton Hotel

MSN AdCenter

Time: 6:30 - 9:30

INVITE ONLY - Please see your AdCenter Representative for details.

Marchex

Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm

Marchex (IndustryBrains, TrafficLeader, Enhance Interactive and GoClick.com) presents the – “Premiere Party”:

Mingle with fellow advertisers, senior executives from premier publishing partners, members of the media community, and the teams from Marchex, IndustryBrains, TrafficLeader, Enhance Interactive and GoClick.com, over cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

645 Ninth Avenue, at 45th Street

Wednesday March 1st 2006

Yahoo Search Marketing

Time: 12:45pm - 1:45pm

Networking Lunch

Hilton Hotel

Thursday March 2nd 2006

No word yet on any events.

See you guys in NYC!

Joe

Stay tuned for future updates...

Last edited by Joseph Morin : 03-20-2006 at 08:23 PM. Reason: update
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Always on top the party events.... you're a good man Joe!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #3
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
Very light party schedule this time. We'll have to make our own on Tues & Wed (maybe Sunday, too).
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #4
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Enhance is throwing a party Tuesday night at Zanzibar 7-11pm.... have to look at the invitation Monday at the office.
Old 02-20-2006   #5
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
I got the OK from Marchex to post the party info here so the thread has now been updated so looks like we are now getting a decent party lineup.

Joe
Old 02-20-2006   #6
Abhilash

Cool RE: *OFFICIAL* SES NYC 2006 Party & Events Schedule...

A light party schedule indeed... Is Google not throwing a party either? Seems like such a shame, considering the weather will be so nice...
Old 02-20-2006   #7
Joseph Morin

Official word from Google is no more parties scheduled for 2006 with the exception of GoogleDance SES San Jose.
Old 02-20-2006   #8
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
Bummer - at least I have tickets to Billy Joel on Monday night.
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #9
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy
Bummer - at least I have tickets to Billy Joel on Monday night.
The best party may be the one on Monday night.....
Old 02-20-2006   #10
sheseltine
Yorkshireman

sheseltine is on a distinguished road
So is the 'Code Red' party a last bash for Jeeves? A retirement party for the old guy?
sheseltine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #11
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
since this thread is featured I thought I'd add this here...

Danny Sullivan is providing a pre-show radio interview today at webmasterradio.fm at 10:00 EST http://www.WebmasterRadio.FM "and will also be available archived and in Podcast format."

This is a good "event" to catch that Danny usually does a good job at introducing the show in.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #12
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster
The best party may be the one on Monday night.....
Yeah, I know, but my wife travels with me and we've both wanted to see Billy live - this was the perfect opportunity. the other nights only had crappy seats left...

So, I skip the drink-fest and do the rounds the rest of the week instead.

Going to Ava Gardner's old aprtment for a Hitwise (invite-only, apparently) do on Tuesday. Wednesday is open, Thursday night is Spamalot and so it goes until we leave on Sunday.
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #13
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs
since this thread is featured I thought I'd add this here...

Danny Sullivan is providing a pre-show radio interview today at webmasterradio.fm at 10:00 EST http://www.WebmasterRadio.FM "and will also be available archived and in Podcast format."

This is a good "event" to catch that Danny usually does a good job at introducing the show in.
I am over there right now and it is not on.... there is mention that Danny will be doingnhis show at 11:30 today....
Old 02-21-2006   #14
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
hmmm was going by this press release ...they must have had to push it back. I was planning on catching the podcast anyway.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #15
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs
hmmm was going by this press release ...they must have had to push it back. I was planning on catching the podcast anyway.
It was just running a little late.... interesting overview of how to attend SES
Old 02-21-2006   #16
AussieWebmaster

I am surprised the Direct Response guys aren't doing anything this time... celebrating the purchase... or the others who usually grab Crobar for a night.

I know the I'm Live guys are giving away a Jeep.... have been to a party they have thrown and they can get wild.
Old 02-22-2006   #17
davecarberry
QUASI-BLOGGER

davecarberry will become famous soon enough
Ask.com

I guess it would be in bad taste to dress up like a bulter for the Ask party now.
davecarberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006   #18
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecarberry
I guess it would be in bad taste to dress up like a bulter for the Ask party now.
What are the odds they have the wait staff dressed that way.... Barry Diller loves PR stunts
Old 02-22-2006   #19
sheseltine
Yorkshireman

sheseltine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster
What are the odds they have the wait staff dressed that way.... Barry Diller loves PR stunts
Wouldn't it be better for them to get an actor to pick up his gold watch, then walk off into the sunset? (picture Peter Sellers at the end of "Being There").

Of course this may mean that there'd be cake
sheseltine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #20
AussieWebmaster

Okay Hitwise is throwing an invitation only thing on Wednesday night.... and MSN is doing another invite only thing on Tuesday night at Stone Rose in the TimeWarner building.