Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdSense
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2005   #1
MarketingMind
Ashok Shinde

MarketingMind is on a distinguished road
Arrow AdWords Now Allows Targeting Ads To Sections Of A Site

Just logged in to the Google Adwords and saw this message flashing across
account dash board.

"Target your ads to specific pages on content sites with Section Targeting."

It's gonna redifine the contextual targeting advertisment the way Google is changing the things around for advetisers.

To be candid we tried Site Targeting and couldnt achieve much in context of our sales goals, but when it came to brand building it surely did exceeded our expectation. The Section Targeting may serve our sales as well as Bradning goals..

In case any of you already had started with the section Targeting ads please share your experience or any [IMG]inputs[/IMG].

you can find more info on below link

https://adwords.google.com/support/b...25716&hl=en_GB
MarketingMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #2
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
They rolled this out in August:
http://www.jensense.com/archives/200...n_targeti.html

But I'm not sure if maybe they only gave it to a smaller group of people. Jen will be along in a few hours, and I'm sure she'll update.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #3
MarketingMind
Ashok Shinde

MarketingMind is on a distinguished road
Hi Dannysullivan,

The "Section Targeting" Referred in your post deals with Adsense, the "Section Targeting" which I mentioned above is for Advertiser (Adwords Programs). Where Adword advertiser will deciede on which section their ads shall be shown.

Hope I am not wrong on the conclusion... and I apologies as it seems to me I posted the post on wrong froum "Adsense " I intend to do it for Adwords.
MarketingMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #4
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Ah, I see what you're saying. Yep, different thing. However, I'm keeping the thread in AdSense since ultimately, we're talking about how AdWords advertisers can target to have ads show up in AdSense.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #5
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, they have actually just gone a step further and allow advertisers to target specific pages on a publisher site as well, rather than just the entire site.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote