Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2004   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Overture Announces New Bid Management Tool

According to people at Overture they will be rolling out a bid management program to keep on top of their PPC where bids will be examined every "5 minutes" the announcement may come at SES or within the next 4-6 weeks.

They are also looking at Daily Caps and rotating ads... so obviously they are taking feedback from advertisers and trying to improve their products.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004   #2
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
sounds cool

there user interface is significantly slower than that of Google so things they can do to automate stuff will help them do a better job of competing.

rotating ads is a huge advantage AdWords has over Overture right now.
Old 07-27-2004   #3
OptimizeOnline

OptimizeOnline has a spectacular aura aboutOptimizeOnline has a spectacular aura about
Anticipated Announcement of 'Search Optimizer'

According to certain industry sources it seems that Overture will be launching 'Search Optimizer' today.
http://www.dmnews.com/cgi-bin/artpre...ticle_id=29925
OptimizeOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #4
garyp

garyp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the rough
Launch of Optimizer

OptimizeOnline you are correct. The new Overture Search Optimizer is now available.

Here's the announcement and a page of details from Overture.
garyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Nice price tag they have on this tool http://www.content.overture.com/d/USm/ac/pr/sop.jhtml

Starting at $249/month - $1599/month.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #6
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
Nice price tag they have on this tool http://www.content.overture.com/d/USm/ac/pr/sop.jhtml

Starting at $249/month - $1599/month.
They are insane with those prices.... you can get a better deal from the tracking companies... KeywordMax offers 150k tracked leads for $199 and it can be used for all engines... bid manager, tracking and ROI, and a click auditor to capture fraud...

It is almost as if they don't want you to use it. Or this is such a headache.. we are going to charge a bunch because of the annoyance it is going to cause.
Old 07-27-2004   #7
garyp

garyp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the rough
Today is bid management tool day.
iProspect has press released that they have just submitted for a patent on their bid manangement tool.
garyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #8
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
Does this now put the heat on Google to offer rules-based bid management?
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #9
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgoodman
Does this now put the heat on Google to offer rules-based bid management?
I think the price tag turns a bunch of people off. Could you imagine how wildly successful this product would be if it was offered free?

I do not do a bunch with large scale PPC, but what does this tool bring to the market that other tools already do not?

Bid management software will eventually become more and more of a comodity and those prices are rather steep for smaller advertisers.
Old 07-28-2004   #10
vinniesmith2227

vinniesmith2227 is on a distinguished road
Actually other bid management tools such as GoToast, Did-It and EFrontier run upwards of $10,000 a month for a large number of keywords. I actually had the oppportunity to speak with an Overture rep and take a "tour" of their new bid management tool and it was very user friendly and seemed well worth the money. And even better, by next year, they hope to be able to use their tool to manage other search engines as well. A very good buy!
vinniesmith2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #11
vinniesmith2227

And one more thing....my understanding is that Diamond customers will be offered the tool for free through the end of the year.
Old 07-28-2004   #12
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniesmith2227
And one more thing....my understanding is that Diamond customers will be offered the tool for free through the end of the year.
What is Diamond? I am Platinum at the moment... do I need to talk to my CSR?
Old 07-29-2004   #13
vinniesmith2227

Hi,

I believe it is based on the amount of money you spend a month. Email me at vinnie.smith@gmail.com and we can privately discuss the amount of $$ we each spend with them and we can determine the level information. Talk to you soon.
Old 07-29-2004   #14
Vural Cifci

Vural Cifci has disabled reputation
OVERTURE Tool

I talked to Overture rep and got a presentation too. I like the fact that search optimizer will be a part of marketing console and the marketing console can be used as a Web Analytics tool
Vural Cifci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #15
Lori Weiman

Lori Weiman is on a distinguished road
KeywordMax has more favorable pricing

I run the keywordmax product - check it out when you get a change. it offers bidding on unlimited keywords, and the pricing is much more affordable than the overture tools. Let me know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniesmith2227
Actually other bid management tools such as GoToast, Did-It and EFrontier run upwards of $10,000 a month for a large number of keywords. I actually had the oppportunity to speak with an Overture rep and take a "tour" of their new bid management tool and it was very user friendly and seemed well worth the money. And even better, by next year, they hope to be able to use their tool to manage other search engines as well. A very good buy!
Lori Weiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #16
Vural Cifci

Vural Cifci has disabled reputation
OVERTURE Tool

Keyword max is limited with ppc campaigns and they can only tell you ROI whereas in Overture tool we have CPA and we can set the CPA.Also you can track natural leads by keywords and search engine. That eliminates the need for a Web analytical tool like Urchin campaign tracking.Also keywordmax charges you by action.(which is everytime there is a click or a bid change it is an action) If you have a huge overture and google account you may end up paying lot of money at the end of the month only for bid change actions.

Last edited by STEPPWOLF : 07-29-2004 at 02:05 PM.
Vural Cifci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #17
Lori Weiman

Wow - you know nothing about keywordmax

It doesn't sound like you are NOT very familiar with KeywordMax. Which would explain why the literature on overture's site makes some false claims.

Let me help you to understand:

KeywordMax is a tracking and bidding tool. It tracks all types of advertising including pay-per-click, organic search, paid inclusion, shopping engines, banner ads, newsletters and any other type of advertising activity. We have relationships with the top engines where we import the same data that you show your advertisers.

Now - the bidding tool uses the data from the tracking side to optimize bids on a variety of metrics including ROI, CPA, CPC, and Profit. We have been doing this for quite some time now. It appears to us that Overture copied both our feature set and somewhat of our pricing model - although Overture's is about 3 times the price or more. KeywordMax lets you track unlimited keywords - there is no extra fee for extra words.

The KeywordMax suite also includes a fraud monitoring system to watch the ppc engines.

You can get the information that you need to provide accurate information at www.keywordmax.com

In addition, it is not true "if you have a huge overture and google account you may end up paying lot of money at the end of the month only for bid change actions." While our pricing is based on the activity in the account, our large advertisers find our pricing to be 1/5 the price of Gotoast, and by viewing your price sheet, will be about the same for Overture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPPWOLF
Keyword max is limited with ppc campaigns and they can only tell you ROI whereas in Overture tool we have CPA and we can set the CPA.Also you can track natural leads by keywords and search engine. That eliminates the need for a Web analytical tool like Urchin campaign tracking.Also keywordmax charges you by action.(which is everytime there is a click or a bid change it is an action) If you have a huge overture and google account you may end up paying lot of money at the end of the month only for bid change actions.
Old 07-29-2004   #18
Lori Weiman

Typo correction

You can read it: It doesn't sound like you are very familiar with KeywordMax. or you can read it: It sounds like you are NOT very familiar with KeywordMax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Weiman
It doesn't sound like you are NOT very familiar with KeywordMax. Which would explain why the literature on overture's site makes some false claims.

Let me help you to understand:

KeywordMax is a tracking and bidding tool. It tracks all types of advertising including pay-per-click, organic search, paid inclusion, shopping engines, banner ads, newsletters and any other type of advertising activity. We have relationships with the top engines where we import the same data that you show your advertisers.

Now - the bidding tool uses the data from the tracking side to optimize bids on a variety of metrics including ROI, CPA, CPC, and Profit. We have been doing this for quite some time now. It appears to us that Overture copied both our feature set and somewhat of our pricing model - although Overture's is about 3 times the price or more. KeywordMax lets you track unlimited keywords - there is no extra fee for extra words.

The KeywordMax suite also includes a fraud monitoring system to watch the ppc engines.

You can get the information that you need to provide accurate information at www.keywordmax.com

In addition, it is not true "if you have a huge overture and google account you may end up paying lot of money at the end of the month only for bid change actions." While our pricing is based on the activity in the account, our large advertisers find our pricing to be 1/5 the price of Gotoast, and by viewing your price sheet, will be about the same for Overture.
Old 07-29-2004   #19
NFFC
"One wants to have, you know, a little class." DianeV

NFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to behold
<--- Goes to get popcorn

Nothing more I like than a good ole bid management tool vendor fight.
NFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #20
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFFC
<--- Goes to get popcorn

Nothing more I like than a good ole bid management tool vendor fight.
Now if it were only two women... lol