Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > The Padded Room
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2005   #1
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
London Bombings: News & Are You OK?

I posted some news resources on the London bombings over here:
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050707-070146. We'll likely add new resources to that list, so I won't reprint here.

Please feel free to use this thread if you're trying to check on someone on the search community you know is in London or if you just want to say to others that you are fine.

Last edited by dannysullivan : 07-07-2005 at 07:14 AM.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #2
searchengineblog.com
There's an anti. Let's up it.

searchengineblog.com has a spectacular aura aboutsearchengineblog.com has a spectacular aura about
In South London. Fine

Seems to be calming down now. The sirens have stopped.
searchengineblog.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #3
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Yes, I'm very glad to see some of you Londites on right now.

I hope more check in.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #4
Christine

Christine will become famous soon enoughChristine will become famous soon enough
Heard from a few folks

I heard from Mike Grehan that he, Shak and Jim Banks were fine. Also heard via Jill’s forum that Alan Perkins and Barry Lloyd were safe and sound. Haven’t heard from others yet, but it sounds very chaotic right now.

Very scary times we live in. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #5
agreen1125
Tell me the color of money and I tell you my last name..

agreen1125 is on a distinguished road
Thoughts and prayers goes to all you guys there in London...
agreen1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #6
PhilC

PhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud of
I'm 200 miles from London, and obviously ok. But I was asked on another forum if I was ok, so I thought I'd mention it here as well.
PhilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #7
Heather Lloyd-Martin

Heather Lloyd-Martin is on a distinguished road
Christine, thanks for letting us know that some of our friends are safe and sound. My thoughts and prayers are with the folks in London. Scary times.
Heather Lloyd-Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #8
xan

xan has a spectacular aura aboutxan has a spectacular aura about
Not in London on that day so all cool.

All my support and sympathy goes out to those who were.
xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #9
Shak
dot communist

Shak will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
I heard from Mike Grehan that he, Shak and Jim Banks were fine. Also heard via Jill’s forum that Alan Perkins and Barry Lloyd were safe and sound. Haven’t heard from others yet, but it sounds very chaotic right now.

Very scary times we live in. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Mike, Jim, Barry , Myself and a few others were actually having a SMA-UK meeting 100 yards from Kings Cross station 24 hours prior to the blasts.

I very rarely take the subway, but decided to on the Wednesday and actually did the route where the blasts happened.

Frightening stuff indeed.

Ya just never know when it may all end.

Shak
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #10
yeoaik

yeoaik is on a distinguished road
Yahoo! News's first major-event blog

London Bombings blog from Yahoo! News
http://blogs.news.yahoo.com/

yeoaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #11
critter
Underpromise; Overdeliver

critter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the rough
I actually work across the street from Edgeware Road station where one of the bombs went off - and luckily I am ok.

Things have certainly settled down now but its times like these we are forced to have a much different outlook on life and also appreciate the little things much more.

Good to see the SEO community is concerned and things are certainly getting back to normal here in central london.

Cheers

Critter

Last edited by critter : 07-13-2005 at 04:27 AM.
critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #12
critter

critter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the rough
searchengineblog.com, On a lighter note, Im a fan of your blog, and tend to visit 3-4 times a week!

Cheers

Critter

Last edited by dannysullivan : 07-13-2005 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-13-2005   #13
searchengineblog.com

searchengineblog.com has a spectacular aura aboutsearchengineblog.com has a spectacular aura about
Cheers, Critter

Last edited by searchengineblog.com : 07-13-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-13-2005   #14
critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchengineblog.com
Agreed, Critter
Cheers

BTW - I noticed you mention Wandsworth in your BLOG - How are things going on down there on the VIC line? Nice area, my squash tendancies bring me in that area quite often.

Cheers

Critter
Old 07-13-2005   #15
searchengineblog.com

Ah - well we must meet up for a beer. Send me a note
Old 07-13-2005   #16
critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchengineblog.com
Ah - well we must meet up for a beer. Send me a note
PM SENT

Cheers

Critter
Old 07-13-2005   #17
crazylogic

crazylogic is on a distinguished road
I really don't know how to respond to a post like this, there are no words i can use to respond, I can only pray for those who have not died.
crazylogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #18
PhilC

PhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud of
Three more "incidents" in the London underground system. Three stations have been evacuated and smoke has been seen coming from one of them. A passenger reported the smell of burning, but the news is very sketchy at the moment.
Old 07-21-2005   #19
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
yes I heard from a report on the radio a few minutes ago that some one was heard shouting before a bomb went off in his backpack inside of a subway train. The source quoted was someone who had heard from someone that was in the car.

Horrible news. My prayers and thoughts are with all those in London who are fearing loss right now.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #20
PhilC

The latest is that there were 3 dummy nail bombs, and that detonators exploded, but not bombs.

So far one injury has been reported.