Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2005   #1
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Ian Turner Found Safe!

Ian Turner has now been found safely! More details as they emerge in this Threadwatch news: http://www.threadwatch.org/node/3027.

(added : The story as posted by DaveN below.)

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 07-02-2005 at 07:30 AM. Reason: updated with latest info
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #2
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
the question "Did Ian get to New Orleans Airport" is still unanswered

DaveN
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #3
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
I've contacted the members of the SMA-NA working group and posted a notice on the homepage of the SMA-NA website.

Additionally, I contacted Dana at SEMPO and she will be sending out an email blast to their members, as well.

Both organizations send their best wishes and hopes for our colleague.

Ian
Old 06-30-2005   #4
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN
the question "Did Ian get to New Orleans Airport" is still unanswered

DaveN
I assume this is true, if in fact, HE did get on a flight to Atlanta.

but I guess that can be questioned as well.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #5
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
this really is kind of scary. I hope he is ok. Anyway, according to dave's post in the Moderator section:

Quote:
His plane ticket was used on sunday to atlanta but NOT on the connecting filght to yhe UK..
was this incorrect earlier, dave?
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005   #6
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
Chris it was used but we don't know by who as yet... if that makes sense.. the police should have reviewed the cctv by tommorrow..

Ian has not used his email account since friday, I'm helping out his business partners at the moment, but the last Positive sighting was saturday morning the day before the flight.. I was one of the last to leave on sunday and didn't see Ian saturday or sunday, and I was in the hotel all the time.

DaveN
Old 06-30-2005   #7
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
I've passed along the info to a contact of mine at CBS News who in turn has notified CBS Stations in New Orleans and Atlanta and she also called a friend at CNN in Atlanta. Hopefully we can get some coverage on this.
Old 06-30-2005   #8
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Morin
I've passed along the info to a contact of mine at CBS News who in turn has notified CBS Stations in New Orleans and Atlanta and she also called a friend at CNN in Atlanta. Hopefully we can get some coverage on this.
Joe, please note Ali Turner's (ian's wife) wishes over in threadwatch regarding the media's involvement.

(though I agree local media coverage here, in NO/ATL is probably a good idea)
Old 06-30-2005   #9
Joseph Morin

Yes I've been in contact with Ali and let her know about the possible local TV coverage. Her last note to me didn't indicate any new updates and that she was going to try and get some sleep.
Old 07-01-2005   #10
Andy AtkinsKruger
CEO Web Certain; Editor 'Multilingual Search'; President SMA-UK

Andy AtkinsKruger is a jewel in the roughAndy AtkinsKruger is a jewel in the roughAndy AtkinsKruger is a jewel in the rough
We'll help if there's anything we can do..

Joseph,

SMA-UK would be glad to help if there's anything we can do.

Cheers, Andy
Andy AtkinsKruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #11
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Notices have been going up all sorts of places, which is great -- hoping for the best.

Threadwatch has a lot of details of what's being done, and Ian's wife Ali is providing lots of updates: http://www.threadwatch.org/node/3008
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #12
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Joe, I've started PPC campaigns on both Adwords and Yahoo! for "Ian Turner" pointing to http://www.threadwatch.org/ian which has the most updated information.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #13
Joseph Morin

Great! Thanks for your help Nacho...
Old 07-01-2005   #14
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
He has been found! Thank goodness!

http://www.threadwatch.org/ian#comment-17853

Quote:
Just spoken to Ali... Ian is in Atlanta at the moment without passport. We are working on it at the moment to sort it out. Is anyone on the ground in Atlanta???
DaveN
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #15
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Ian found thread at http://www.threadwatch.org/node/3027
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005   #16
Joseph Morin

Whew! What a relief!

You know, I (I'm sure with everybody else) learned just how tight our little community is. People came together, Forums banded together, and homepages across the Internet were altered for a cause for 'One of Our Own'. I'm proud to say I'm a member of this community and I wouldn't change what I do for a living for anything!

Thanks everyone for all of your help and support!

(Nacho you can take down the PPC campaign now...)

Last edited by Joseph Morin : 07-01-2005 at 06:29 PM. Reason: typos..writing too fast!
Old 07-02-2005   #17
DaveN

Ian Turner Update

Just spoke to Ali this morning..... time to put this story to bed...

Here's the details for those who have been curious as to what happened to Ian....

http://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/archive...er-last-update

I've put it there so that if you want to use any of it to update your other blogs/forums then please feel free to do so.

DaveN
Old 07-02-2005   #18
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
awesome! woke up this morning and checked this news before even checking my fantasy baseball teams! This is a great community!
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005   #19
Elisabeth

yes, I'm so relieved.

I got only a few minutes to see the good news yesterday, so it was great to catch up on all the good news today.