Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2004   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Live from SES Chicago 2004

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know I made it to Chicago and that we will begin live coverage of the sessions I attend starting at 9am Chicago time (10am EST).

Here is the Conference at a Glance. I have already selected the sessions I would like to go to, but I've seen most of them already. So if you really, really want me to cover something, please let me know and I will do my best to do so.

More votes for a particular session, the more likely I will cover it.

Thanks and see you all tomorrow.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #2
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Hi, there!

Multi-domain and multi-site issues is a must, especially with geo-targetting and cross-linking issues.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #3
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia
Multi-domain and multi-site issues is a must, especially with geo-targetting and cross-linking issues.
I was about to post the same suggestion. Day 4... 9am.
Robert_Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #4
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
will do.
Old 12-13-2004   #5
shorebreak

shorebreak will become famous soon enough
Cover 'Ad Management Tactics' on Thursday

This is an area of intense debate, so should be fun.
shorebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #6
rustybrick

Two sessions up: Profitable Models and Profitable Customers and Gathering of the Tribes: Agencies, Engines and Advertisers Tackle Points of Friction.

Wifi is not available...sorry for the slower updates.
Old 12-13-2004   #7
rustybrick

Next one, Virtual SEM.
Old 12-13-2004   #8
rustybrick

Very interesting session named Dynamic Attitude Analysis Making Opinions Measurable and Actionable for Marketing, Orion might be particularly interested in this one.
Old 12-14-2004   #9
orion

orion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

It seems these days many are mapping X to Y, where

Y= f(X)

X=time
Y=stuffs

And?

Orion
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #10
rustybrick

This mornings keynote, need to run to the PR session that I am late for.
Old 12-14-2004   #11
KevinSource

KevinSource is on a distinguished road
I'm with Marcia.

Quote:
KevinSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #12
rustybrick

Great session and something that is going to change a portion of the search landscape Public Relations Via Search Engines.
Old 12-14-2004   #13
rustybrick

What many of you have been waiting for the Black Hat, White Hat & Lots of Gray session.
Old 12-14-2004   #14
rustybrick

The B2B Forum Session.
Old 12-14-2004   #15
rustybrick

Fun session named What Would You Do where Danny put Greg Boser, Dana Todd, Noel McMichael and Andrew Goodman in charge of the new search company formed by the merger of Google and Yahoo! named GooHoo!
Old 12-15-2004   #16
ogletree

ogletree is on a distinguished road
linking

Personaly I did not attend any of the sessions I'm not big on classroom settings. I enjoyed the Expo a lot. I go to these things to hang around with friends and talk about what we have learned since we met last. I got to be part of a group discoussion about adwords with a senior adwords guy that was there. It seems that there is a big difference in opinion between the programmers and the customer service people. They get about as much notice on new things as we do. It is not uncommon for an adwords user to inform their customer rep about new changes. The adwords programmers can just do whatever they want without telling anybody. For the adwords team to produce an announcement when they do find out changes have been made it has to be signed off by several departments and can take 2 weeks to get out. Also he told us that adwords is just as slow at the plex as it is for us. So a lot of them spend the day waiting for things to load.
ogletree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #17
rustybrick

Mike Grehan, Todd (oilman), Bruce Clay in the Organic Listing Forum
Old 12-15-2004   #18
rustybrick

New session which really turned out to be surprisingly very interesting named Web Standards. Good Design & SEO: You Can Have It All.
Old 12-15-2004   #19
rustybrick

Need money, well check out the Self Funding Budget Strategies, they didn't really hand out dollars, but Kevin Lee was giving out frogs with big lips.
Old 12-15-2004   #20
rustybrick

Nothing like good old fashion Redirects and Rewriting techniques to end the day.