Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012   #1
robertsmith

robertsmith is on a distinguished road
I'm working on google penguin update but keyword ranking dropped why?

After google penguin update, I'm working on 40% of exact keyword match and 60% of using brand name strategies since last 10 days after 10 days I'm chking my keyword ranking, I found my keyword rank dropped compare than last ranking reports update. plz tel me why
robertsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #2
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
Re: I'm working on google penguin update but keyword ranking dropped why?

Most likely, with Google Penguin, your rankings dropped because of the anchor text links that are pointing to your site. You most likely have too many exact anchor text links with your keyword(s) pointing to your web site.

It will take some time for the site's links to be worked out by the algorithm. Without knowing your site's URL and without taking a look at it there's not much you can say about why rankings have changed.

With your 40 percent, you may need to actually reduce that number even more--and it would depend on the sites linking to you and their authority, etc.