Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012   #1
GAustralia

GAustralia is on a distinguished road
Question What to do when someone steals your original content

Hello Searchwatch:

I am attributing the title to Jenstar who posted in 2006 on the topic.

For one of my websites another business took lots of whole paragraphs and titles and replaced my business name with their business name.

Am I rightly concerned that they have caused duplicate content penalty ranking for my site? I have put some sentences in Google and the other site ranks higher for them.

I gave them what I thought was a very forceful phone call and e-mail asking them to change their content immediately. And I told them to fire their webmaster for plagiarism. Since the copying was all over on multiple pages I also put a complaint in to Google about it. So good luck to them if their pages are still up when Google gets around to reviewing the complaint.

What other measures should be taken? I plan to also rewrite parts of my website. Jenstar had a synopsis in 2006, what about 2012?

Regards, GAustralia.
GAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: What to do when someone steals your original content

usually a cease and desist letter - scrappers are every where - also try finding where they are hosted and talk to that company too
Old 04-12-2012   #3
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about

If you believe they have taken content from your site, your best bet is to file a DMCA request with their web host and with Google.
Old 04-12-2012   #4
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

also isn't Australia a lot more anti stealing copy? you could find out where the host is and get them to take it down
Old 04-14-2012   #5
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

I have had people steal my content for years. I don't think I ever contacted any of them. Maybe I should.
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #6
AussieWebmaster

try putting links to other articles from your site and then check if you are getting links