Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012   #1
mwoolgar

mwoolgar is on a distinguished road
URL structure

Hi

A client of mine does frozen ready meals so I was thinking of using the structure below. The only problem is that a competitor also uses frozen-ready-meals in their URL - should I worry or just go with the most relevant keywords in the URL?

Thanks

Top Categories:
frozen-ready-meals/main-meals
frozen-ready-meals/mini-meals
frozen-ready-meals/desserts
frozen-ready-meals/easy-order-packs
frozen-ready-meals/vegetables-and-potatoes
frozen-ready-meals/entrees

Sub Categories:
frozen-ready-meals/beef-dishes
frozen-ready-meals/venison-dishes
frozen-ready-meals/lamb-dishes
mwoolgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: URL structure

there will always be other sites using the same urls - obviously the domains differentiate - so long as content is not the same it is fine
Old 03-27-2012   #3
Webfu
Here to learn...

Webfu is on a distinguished road
Re: URL structure

I agree, just move forward with the URL's you have proposed above. They look good!
Webfu is offline   Reply With Quote