Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012   #1
seojoy

seojoy is on a distinguished road
Post More About Keyword Research and Tools

Keyword research is the base for any good SEO campaign and a large amount of your success will be truly dependent on how well you did your keyword research. When you start you really want to think about your industry and use a top down approach to the seo keyword research and development. Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable, and high return activities in the search marketing field.
Keyword research needs reliable tools for its technical aspect and finding the top keyword research tools. In generally Google keywords research tool and wordtracker.com are most effective tools to Research right Keywords...

What tools you are using while researching the good keywords for your website... Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 01-31-2012 at 09:28 AM.
seojoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #2
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Re: More About Keyword Research and Tools

really for me Google is the best because I can use the advance settings and look at Broad, Phrase, and Match type. I also like to break down by region, and you can see seasonality when you download.

We used to use some of the others and I know some of our strategists like to double check with Trellian and/or Wordtracker. I like to experiment with Wordstream as well. Finding synonyms and close semantic cousins is key to mixing up the content to not make it look so optimized.

Please note I am not dropping links in this thread...I hope that stays the same for others. if I were to drop a link, it would be to an article we recently published: currents.rosetta.com/index.php/2012/01/new-years-resolution-choose-better-keywords-for-your-site-and-ppc-campaigns/
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #3
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
Re: More About Keyword Research and Tools

You might want to also look at the MSN AdCenter "ad intelligence" data that they make available. I use their plug-in for MS Excel, and combine that with the Google AdWords data and work with the keyword research all in one spreadsheet.