Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012   #1
AccuraCast
This is just a forum. We're here to discuss ideas

AccuraCast is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Are Search + Your World Results Better?

It appears "Search Plus Your World" can be either useful and interesting or quite unhelpful. The outcome is largely determined by the search time you are using and the content available on your Google+ account.

My colleague wrote about this is in a blog post: http://searchdailynews.blogspot.com/...ld-google.html - and I just thought I'd ask here what SEW readers' thoughts were...

Do you think Search + Your World Gives better results or does it just restrict your view of the world?
Old 03-12-2012   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Are Search + Your World Results Better?

ok been well over a month anyone else sick of it???
Old 03-15-2012   #3
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

I don't like it.
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #4
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

add the new timeline crap at facebook and am wasting time adapting new stuff
Old 03-15-2012   #5
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

I rarely go to facebook. I set up an app on Facebook to take my site RSS feed and post it up there automatically. I got more than 25 subscribers so I got the Facebook.com/myURL for that page.

Did you see the new WSJ article about how Google is changing? Over the next months they will be rolling out a new look. The first result will be generated by Google to answer the search query so that users will not need to go to another website to get their answer.

I guess they have been working on this for years - in secret. This will affect about 10 to 20 percent of the queries. Plus, it will hurt webmasters who will not get the traffic because GOOG will answer the query at the top of the results.

For instance: let's say you type in "How tall is Mount Everest". The first result will be the answer provided by Google via their best guess from indexing the web. The next result will be Wikipedia etc...
Old 03-16-2012   #6
AccuraCast
This is just a forum. We're here to discuss ideas

AccuraCast is an unknown quantity at this point

I find myself having to log out of Google all too often because the only results it gives me are pages I've already visited. If all I wanted to do was navigate to pages in my History, I'd use my browser URL bar, which nowadays is smart enough to recognise URLs in my history based on key terms
Old 03-16-2012   #7
Dan01

I have been hesitant to check my SERPS lately. Too afraid. But we still get some traffic, but not as much as we used to.

I think it is a good idea to log out before checking though. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2012   #8
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about

I also find myself having to log out of Google all too often, especially if I want to see the "real" search results. There are so few people logged into Google searching Google that it's a necessity nowadays (to log out).
Old 03-17-2012   #9
AussieWebmaster

no marketing friendly... when will Google start realizing we are part of the user experience - without us paying their business model fails

one of these shifts may lose them a big chunk of advertisers - while the push to localize was intended to get more small businesses advertising it has lessened big brands getting the right roi at times