Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2004   #1
critter
Underpromise; Overdeliver

critter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the rough
FINALLY a PR Update!

For all you PR hungry SEO's & SEM's it apprears after a long few months, Google is finally updating PR...

Have a look: http://www.mcdar.net/Q-Check/datatool.asp

You can check the status of your PR across the various datacentres...

Thanks GOOGS - You have made many PR Hungry Webmasters very very happy!

Critter
critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #2
Nick W

Nick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the rough
Just saw this over on seochat I dont see it myself but there sure is some steam building over there....

Nick
Nick W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #3
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Yup! forums.searchenginewatch.com is now a PR 3.

Here is a great thead thad discovered the update at Digital Point:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=3833

Thanks to Barry Schwartz (RustyBrick) from SERoundtable for the nice tip

Last edited by Nacho : 10-06-2004 at 09:19 PM. Reason: fixed typo :(
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #4
critter

critter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick W
Just saw this over on seochat I dont see it myself but there sure is some steam building over there....

Nick
Yeah there is.....I read that too and made a post...LOL..

All the PR junkies and those who have countless sleepless nights over their PR value will now be able to sleep!

CHEERS TO THEM!

CRITTER
Old 10-06-2004   #5
critter

Like many it seems I am seeing a decrease in PR...

Not worried - just observing!

CRITTER
Old 10-06-2004   #6
Nick W

Nick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for setting me straight on who broke the news first Nacho!

As this will enevitably turn into a "me too" thread, i'll start..

I didnt get any PR on my new directory
Fortunately, i could care less

Nick
Old 10-06-2004   #7
Nick W

For those that dont know:

If you dont see a PR toolbar update, paste this IP into your proxy settings: 216.239.53.99 port 80

Usually under 'advanced'

You prolly wont see the page, but if you key it in and hit return, you'll see the PR

Nick
Old 10-06-2004   #8
stoner3221
Directory Slave

stoner3221 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Im a very happy webmaster since my PR went down. Now maybe the PR hounds will get off my backside and I can run a directory.
Old 10-06-2004   #9
Anthony Parsons
Rubbing the shine of the knobs who think they're better than everyone else...

Anthony Parsons will become famous soon enough
O'well, I guess its just a matter of time now to see if the quarterly update is a myth or fact?
Anthony Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #10
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Guess I'll do a "me too" also. Mine are showing like they should except for one that isn't, and it's kind of peculiar that it hasn't changed from what it was. It definitely should have.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #11
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting to see Yahoo.com as PR9 on the toolbar.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #12
MattKP
Keyword Performance Guy

MattKP is on a distinguished road
See thats where i just loose faith in Google. I remember a long time ago when I used to scratch my head and ask why doesnt Yahoo have a PR10? My only conclusion was Google didnt like its competitor. Then one day, boom Yahoo PR10. ... now a long wait for a PR update and fizz: Yahoo PR9.

I've gotten to the point where I am fed up with Google... again. There were some things several months back I liked.. over the past few months I just shake my head at them, their only consistency is their inconsistency.
MattKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #13
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by critter
For all you PR hungry SEO's & SEM's it apprears after a long few months, Google is finally updating PR...

Have a look: http://www.mcdar.net/Q-Check/datatool.asp

You can check the status of your PR across the various datacentres...

Thanks GOOGS - You have made many PR Hungry Webmasters very very happy!

Critter
I like the animated gif the best ....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #14
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick W
For those that dont know:

If you dont see a PR toolbar update, paste this IP into your proxy settings: 216.239.53.99 port 80

Usually under 'advanced'

You prolly wont see the page, but if you key it in and hit return, you'll see the PR

Nick
Walk us through this a little clearer please.
Old 10-07-2004   #15
AussieWebmaster

If you use the PR tool at SEO chat it seems this PR update is basically for the toolbar datacenter...
I have a new site that is on the toolbar data center but not listed on any of the others...
Interesting and when I get some free time today will delve into it more... in the meantime if anyone knows anything post away..........
Old 10-10-2004   #16
olyzhan
olet

olyzhan is on a distinguished road
PR Update

Yep, there was a PR update for sure. I'm surprised that Yahoo! displays a PR of 9. My month-and-a-half old webpage had its homepage upgraded from a PR 0 to a PR 3.

I'm glad about that.

Last edited by Elisabeth : 10-10-2004 at 03:45 PM. Reason: edited out signature link
olyzhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004   #17
AccuraCast
This is just a forum. We're here to discuss ideas

AccuraCast is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my 2-month old sites jumped from PR 0 to PR 4. No matter what others may say... im still happy!
AccuraCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #18
marika

marika is on a distinguished road
historical PR

Just curious, does anybody know if there has been any change in ranking for any of these sites?

Here are the current rankings:
Yahoo, Ebay, AOL, MSN PR 9
Digg PR 8
YouTube PR 8
Amazon PR 7
Ask PR 7

The only change I've seen is that a few of my blogger blogs went from PR 4 to PR 2. In October several of my sites went from PR 6 to PR 5. Google is getting tougher.
marika is offline   Reply With Quote