Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Marketing > Outsourcing SEM
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004   #1
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
1P / Traffic Power Fake SEO Forum

How many fake SEO forums exist on the web?

This SEO forum listed below has a ton of anti Aaron speech going on...how many SEO forums:
  • only list two sources of seo news (one of which being me)
  • individually review a bunch of seo websites...as the seo forum categories
  • say that I cold called them offering services...based on how much time I spend reading books and posting in forums and stuff I don't have time to cold call people. in fact I have even called a bunch of other seos asking if I could refer people to them...and even yesterday refered away a repeat client sell to a friend.
  • review both of my sites as two of about 14 categories
  • only have categories of sites that have bashed traffic power AND
  • give positive reviews of traffic power AND 1P
  • can you say scam?

web-advertising-info.com/discuss/

<added>
a more extended 1P / Traffic Power SEO Forum Rant on my blog...</added>

Last edited by seobook : 09-30-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2004   #2
NFFC
"One wants to have, you know, a little class." DianeV

NFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to behold
That site deserves an award, it is the funniest thing I have ever seen.
Old 09-30-2004   #3
Nick W

Nick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
*** This post will be moderated upon posting and unviewable until approved. ***
HAHAHA, i'll just bet it will be ROTFLMFAO

Here's what i just tried to post:
Quote:
You guy(s) have a lot to learn about sabotage, this is the silliest most clearly pre-contrived drivel i've ever seen.

Sheesh, my dogs could do a more convincing job of trashing someone! LoL!

What a joke...

Nick
Old 09-30-2004   #4
chris
www.searchguild.com - like Threadwatch.org but with more threads :)

chris has disabled reputation
Ahhhh...a coward hiding behind securewhois I see.

I'd take it as a complement that some people can be so jealous.

Although the nameservers are for hosting from phpwebhosting so you could always complain.
Old 09-30-2004   #5
mat

mat is on a distinguished road
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Yet, something doesn't add up - I thought transparent windows didn't come in until XP, yet I'm on 2K and I can see right through this to the small collection of small boys beyond.

Surely it can be no coincidence that Traffic Power is an anagram of 'Crap, write off'?
Old 09-30-2004   #6
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
I am betting that I could probably sue for that because those are straight up lies...and even though the site is registered through proxy that information has to be given if they are using it for illegal purposes...if they were that stupid to where they made it that transparent they had to make other mistakes too.

if anyone wants to sue and has a lawyer I would gladly chip in whatever my part was to sue those guys.
Old 09-30-2004   #7
Nick W

Nick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the roughNick W is a jewel in the rough
The nameservers are not the real host but this is
http://theplanet.com/

Go complain Aaron, get the MF's unplugged. (you make enough threats and noise and they'll most likely take it down)

Nick
Old 09-30-2004   #8
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Exclamation wow

what a load... the sad thing is some fools will actually believe this drivel. did you see the 3-post conversation at web-advertising-info.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=13 ?

something like:

(Tina's friend) "Hey Mike I heard Tina is really cool..."
(Tina's other friend) "Really, I have never heard of Tina, what is she like?"
(TF) "Well Mike, I think she just got into town. But I know she's cool...and easy too!"
(Mike) "Wow I've got to do something with Tina!"

I can't wait until I have to explain to someone that this is all made-up. Do you think the chat will ever enjoy the rankings for various topics that SEW enjoys? I think not...but if so I have my BS meter ready to go...

Thanks for the heads-up, seobook... I needed something funny this morning and I've already seen two real laughers...
Old 09-30-2004   #9
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
On one hand that is the funniest thing, absolutely hysterical. On the other hand, to those newbies who accidentally stumble across it and dont know the names (like seobook) it might actually be believable.

Aaron, you're right, something needs to be done.
Old 09-30-2004   #10
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
I just read some of the posts - and I cannot believe that anyone would be so moronic as to put up libellous comment against so many companies in one place.

Anonymous WHOIS it may be - but the host will certainly know who is paying the bills.
Old 09-30-2004   #11
Nick W

I suggest you get onto theplanet.com right away...... i would, i'd kick up such a stink they'd wish I'd never been born!

Nick
Old 09-30-2004   #12
seobook
I'm blogging this

I will call soon...still gathering facts...Andy just found another couple bogus forums

seo-talk.net
seo-forum.net
Old 09-30-2004   #13
Nick W

Clearly the same people but they've not been so stealthy on their hosting. Both nameservers for the 2 sites are the real hosts from what i can see...

What a bunch of jokers, perhaps they think that everybody in the world is stupid? - bizzarre, i mean really, an 11yr old could be more convincing...

Nick
Old 09-30-2004   #14
dstew
Just me

dstew is on a distinguished road
Isn't it strange that everyone posting has joined in the span of just a few days?
Old 09-30-2004   #15
rth

rth is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I just found this site and it looks like it may offer a great deal of help in my SEO education. I checked out the URL's of the suspected fake seo forums. I am convinced. Aaron's book must be great. Why else would someone go to such trouble to knock it?

It is obvious that the 3 sites are related and their primary goal is to discredit Aaron's book and prop up a couple of SEOs that they favor. I would investigate legal action.

Roger
Old 09-30-2004   #16
seobook
I'm blogging this

Hi Roger
welcome to the forums

it appears that the discrediting is toward SEO sites in general that pointed out stuff about traffic power. since they cold called me and since I was loud about it I am getting my share
Old 09-30-2004   #17
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
It kind of reminds me of a bunch of little boys sneaking behind the barn to cuss and smoke cigars. I don't think even a newbie would take any of them seriously. This surely is not a very itteligent crowd that is posting there by any means.
Old 09-30-2004   #18
Nick W

>>crowd

heh! that's being to kind David, i shouldnt think it's any more than 2 of them...

nick
Old 09-30-2004   #19
AndyBeal
Fortune Interactive

AndyBeal is on a distinguished road
Wait....I hear horses....there!....over the hill...its the SEMPO cavalry! Jumping into action to protect the reputation of the SEO industry from false claims and inaccurate information.

No, my mistake. They've decided to form a committee to discuss the fake forums, but not with members, and the committee chair is being self-appointed with a nice stipend.
Old 09-30-2004   #20
seobook
I'm blogging this

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBeal
with a nice stipend.
at least thats working out well...