Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2004   #1
SearchPrincess

SearchPrincess is on a distinguished road
Has there been any talk of MSN creating it's own PPC?

Now the MSN is moving towards its own search engine, I'm wondering if there has been any talk/rumors about MSN leaving the Overture network and creating their own PPC service?
SearchPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
MSN has a longterm contract with Overture and I don't think MSN will be ready for 5 years to try that... they are having problems with the system according to a recent article at EWeek.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #3
Lex
Oversees: Padded Room

Lex is a jewel in the roughLex is a jewel in the roughLex is a jewel in the rough
I think MSN is far more likely to buy an existing PPC outlet rather than to create their own. And I wouldn't be surprised if it happened as soon as next year.

Last edited by Lex : 09-10-2004 at 12:20 PM. Reason: grammer
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #4
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
I think MSN is far more likely to buy an existing PPC outlet rather than to create their own. And I wouldn't be surprised if it happened as soon as next year.
Though they may buy someone... it's the integration that would take a little time. I still see 5 years... but will be glad to call you the Seer if it happens next year Lex
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #5
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
I don't think MSN will buy any of the other PPCs - unless you are thinking of Google or Yahoo/Overture. The other ones on the market, in my believe, do not live up the qualities MSN would be looking for.
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #6
Adam C
Courses for horses

Adam C will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel deMib Svendsen
The other ones on the market, in my believe, do not live up the qualities MSN would be looking for.
I agree. I believe Microsoft would look for a way to build on what is already out there, and take it further - or in a slightly different direction.
Adam C is offline   Reply With Quote