Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2006   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Google Mobile Ads

Certainly I must have missed the post on this..? No. I just realized that I could create google mobile ads! The ads run right on top of ones current campaigns. Very easy and looks to be very promising.

Cant wait for the google radio ads!

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Yup...

How To Add Your Local Business Ad In Google AdWords
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060331-082906 (images broken for some reason --- all that work )

Google Tests New Local Ads On Maps
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060112-115634

Google Tests New Image Ads In Google Local
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060324-094055

Custom Map Icons Added For Google Local Business Ads
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060810-182753

Google's New Local Business Ads
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060331-080623

S'more http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...le+lo cal+ads

WAIT::: I misread your post. mobile....

Google Mobile Ads Tested In Japan
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060407-082547

Google Launches Mobile Ads On Google Mobile
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060906-125242

There you go...
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Nothing like covering all the bases there Barry!!!!!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #4
vegastlh

vegastlh is on a distinguished road
Mobile Click to call

How funny - I came on to talk to someone about the mobile ads (and there was already a post!), and also find out if anyone else is doing mobile click to call. Anyone have experience with this?
vegastlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #5
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
Certainly I must have missed the post on this..?
Don't forget the AdWords Help Center as a useful source of info.

https://adwords.google.com/support/b...+ads%22&type=f

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #6
rickm

rickm is on a distinguished road
Google Mobile Ads - Keeping up

yea, i started a post on this a week ago
http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ad.php?t=13856
rickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #7
integramed
Search Engine Marketing for a U.S. Network of Fertility Clinics

integramed has a spectacular aura aboutintegramed has a spectacular aura about
Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues again.

We've not yet tried mobile, but I'm very interested in hearing from anyone that has. One problem for us right now is the lack of conversion tracking. Also, we don't have a mobile webpage, which means tel response is the only option. So, I'm not even sure how these would work. Please post if you have specific experience with these ads.
integramed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #8
vegastlh

vegastlh is on a distinguished road
Well, we currently don't have a page or site optimized for mobile search, which is why until I can get that prioritized, we're doing mobile click to call. The person does a search, sees our ad, clicks it and away they go to our call center. I have no idea how it performs, because I just started the campaign a day ago... that's why I was wondering if anyone else had been trying it with Google and found success.
vegastlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #9
AccuraCast
This is just a forum. We're here to discuss ideas

AccuraCast is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by integramed
We've not yet tried mobile, but I'm very interested in hearing from anyone that has. One problem for us right now is the lack of conversion tracking. Also, we don't have a mobile webpage, which means tel response is the only option. So, I'm not even sure how these would work. Please post if you have specific experience with these ads.
We use it. Just started, and not getting many leads to speak of, other than curios people having a browse around. The publicity and brand building always helps though!

I'd recommend having a special phone line dedicated to such pay per call marketing and a URL tag to identify the click source in the destination URL.
AccuraCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #10
integramed
Search Engine Marketing for a U.S. Network of Fertility Clinics

integramed has a spectacular aura aboutintegramed has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccuraCast
I'd recommend having a special phone line dedicated to such pay per call marketing and a URL tag to identify the click source in the destination URL.
This seems like a good plan to get started with mobile while we investigate building a page optimized for mobile search (a so called "mobile page".) Anybody know of any good examples of such pages?
integramed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #11
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Phone numbers - an aside

I agree with the use of unique phone numbers.

We apply this same method to all of our marketing campaigns down to a pretty granular level. We have a unique phone number tied to every marketing campaign. In PPC and at Google for example we tie it down to the campaign level, in some circumstances down to the ad group level. The webpages dynamically display the proper number based on passed variables.

Since phone call results are an important part of our overall ROI equation we need to track it closely.

Another nice to have, is to be able to take your phone call data (hopefully stored in a DB) and synch it with your PPC campaign and website(forms) data. In that same line of thought, as more and more advertising mediums become available new tracking methods will need to be deployed. No matter what new medium you start to use, you should always aim to have at least one unique identifier for the campaign and then capture that data into a database. This will allow you to relate all of your campaign data and produce decision making reports in real time. The more data I have in real time the faster I can make changes and the faster I can get to the winning campaign.

I would suggest to have a unique phone number and a mobile specific website that is NOT tied to your existing website to start evaluating the campaigns effectiveness.

Am I preaching to the choir here?

Discovery
Old 09-26-2006   #12
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
I think Pay Per Call is really for the local market... even 1-800-Flowers or say Pizza Hut are only going for the local traffic...
Old 09-27-2006   #13
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Expand on that for me Aussie.
800 flowers going after the local market; how do you see them going after it on the mobile side tactically.

Discovery
Old 09-27-2006   #14
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery
Expand on that for me Aussie.
800 flowers going after the local market; how do you see them going after it on the mobile side tactically.

Discovery
Isolate the ads into groups by area and then they can be specific with each ad... test what keywords work for each town etc.... but the calling part can be routed and the areas known by the phone number.

They can also use local company names as many national arbitragers do for various industries.... people like calling locally.