Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What Would You Like Added To The Google Ad Preview Tool?
Drop down boxes to choose countries, cities, etc. 8 66.67%
Ability to save settings 7 58.33%
Show me every ad targeting a particular term 3 25.00%
Show organic results as if you were in a country, city, etc. 9 75.00%
A picture of AdWords Rep 4 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2006   #1
spunkino

spunkino is on a distinguished road
How To See Google AdWords Shown In Other Countries

We advertise for the US and UK markets. Of course we can only see the Google serps and sponsored links based on our IP address which is US based.

In order to advertise effectively we need to be able to view the sponsored links that show if you searched from a UK IP address.

Anybody know how we can get Google to show us the serps as though we were viewing it from the UK?

Thanks

Last edited by spunkino : 08-23-2006 at 11:20 AM.
spunkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #2
Shmuel
PPC Manager

Shmuel is on a distinguished road
Go to http://www.google.co.uk/. That should give you what youa re looking for.
Shmuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #3
spunkino

Thanks for your reply, however, thats what we found that does not work. If we visit google.uk, the system still skews the results because we are in the USA. We do not see UK sponsored links either because our IP says we are American and so serves American sponsored links.

Google works like this for other countries, maybe all of them. We were in Italy a few weeks ago and tried to access google.com but still got Italian results.

We wre looking to be able to log into google.co.uk and have goole think we are at a UK IP address.

At the moment we can use people who are actually based in the UK but this is not suitable in the long term.
Old 08-24-2006   #4
Russian

Type in your query as usal, then at the end of SERP URL add: &gl=uk

This should do it. If you wanted to look at results for say Germany or Australia you would simply replace the uk with de or au
Old 08-24-2006   #5
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian
Type in your query as usual, then at the end of SERP URL add: &gl=uk
Yes, I've used this gl command (global locator) often and it works well. Plus, here's the list of ISO country codes:
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv.../list-en1.html
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #6
spunkino

Works Great

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-25-2006   #7
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Missed this one somehow ... great help there guys (Russian and abbot)
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #8
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
Anybody know how we can get Google to show us the serps as though we were viewing it from the UK?
I'll have some really exciting news on this topic, folks - as early as next week.

I think you'll like it. After four years with AdWords, I still get excited by new stuff, and I'm pretty jazzed.

Shamless plug: Keep an eye on the Inside AdWords blog (@ http://adwords.blogspot.com/) too, if you don't want to count on me.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #9
theRealAirness

theRealAirness is on a distinguished road
That may be tought to do. The ad should behave the same as UK.
theRealAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #10
integramed
Search Engine Marketing for a U.S. Network of Fertility Clinics

integramed has a spectacular aura aboutintegramed has a spectacular aura about
Fly Google Air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWordsRep
I'll have some really exciting news on this topic, folks - as early as next week.
So, Google's homepage will allow you to specify a "search origin" location, irrespective of your actual physical location? And this specifier could be any country, or a region within a country (such as a ZIP in the US)? So, you can travel the world virtually, doing searches as though you were located anywhere? Of course I'm just guessing, but anything less than this will now be a let down ;-)
integramed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #11
leonus

leonus is on a distinguished road
when you are done with all the genius ideas simply download and install adsense preview tool here https://www.google.com/support/adsen...y?answer=10005
leonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #12
integramed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonus
when you are done with all the genius ideas simply download and install adsense preview tool here https://www.google.com/support/adsen...y?answer=10005
Yes, this tool has geo-target preview features, but I believe it's only for the Content Channel. Am I wrong? We're interested in the Search Channel.
Old 09-02-2006   #13
leonus

leonus is on a distinguished road
http://www.google.co.uk/sponsoredlinks
leonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #14
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
That link works for me
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #15
integramed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWordsRep

I think you'll like it. After four years with AdWords, I still get excited by new stuff, and I'm pretty jazzed.

Shamless plug: Keep an eye on the Inside AdWords blog (@ http://adwords.blogspot.com/) too, if you don't want to count on me.

AWR
AWR - what happened? Did I miss the news?
Old 09-07-2006   #16
AdWordsRep

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the interest.

The week isn't over yet! And I'm still quite hopeful. I'll be watching the Inside AdWords blog, and I'll let you know when to visit (not that you wouldn't want to visit every day or so, anyway...).

AWR
Old 09-08-2006   #17
AdWordsRep

Quote:
Ok, please check the Inside AdWords blog now. I hope you'll like the news.

Just to make it easy, here's the link: http://adwords.blogspot.com/

AWR
Old 09-08-2006   #18
helen
MsSEM.com

helen is on a distinguished road
Thank you. Really.

Are the search results also representative of what a person in that location would see?

Last edited by helen : 09-08-2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: forgot something
helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #19
AdWordsRep

Quote:
Are the search results also representative of what a person in that location would see?
A good question helen, and the short answer is 'Yes'.

Here's a longer and more detailed answer: You will see the same ads that someone searching in your chosen area would see, in the moment that you do the search.

It's always been the case that different ads could show from one search the next, because of a number of factors such as daily budget, scheduled times for ad delivery, ad rotation, and so on.

With that as a given, when you use the Preview tool you'll see the same ads that searchers in your specified area would see at the time of your search.

AWR
Old 09-09-2006   #20
httpd

httpd is on a distinguished road
Does this work? The Google AdWords International Search Tool:

shareup.com/dc/swres.html

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 09-09-2006 at 02:16 PM. Reason: link drop but left as it has some good tools listed
httpd is offline   Reply With Quote