Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2006   #1
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Google "Sitemaps" Appropriately Renamed

As detailed by Danny Sullivan, Google's "Sitemaps" area for webmasters is now appropriately named Google Webmaster Tools. Phew. I was getting tired of explaining the difference between a site map and sitemaps...

Although this seems pretty descriptively named to me, perhaps we can come up with something that has a little more "pizzaz" than "G Webmaster Tools?"

Google "Lab Coat Check?"

Google "Here Webmasters Do My Job and Help Me Figure Out Your Site?" (threw that one in there for someone I know will appreciate it)

Google XML Dump?

Google Webmaster Goggles? (heehee can see it now: "Did you mean Google Webmaster Google )

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 08-06-2006 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo, add link, add another link
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006   #2
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Google Checkin?
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #3
scrubs
UK

scrubs is on a distinguished road
G-Tools? Potential street cred with that one?
scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #4
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Although this seems pretty descriptively named to me, perhaps we can come up with something that has a little more "pizzaz" than "G Webmaster Tools?"
Well Chris, maybe they did their keyword research and want to rank well for the search term "webmaster tools.""
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #5
ewc21
Hong Kong SEO

ewc21 is on a distinguished road
At least the term has now been more general. So we expect that when new tools come out, we might see them in Google Webmaster Tools and don't hear new specifics that could confuse many of us.
ewc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #6
lynbat

lynbat is on a distinguished road
We could suggest an infusion of high tech and low life and go with the red neck version and call it Google Git er Done.
lynbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #7
bsaric
Croatia - Hrvatska

bsaric will become famous soon enough
Maybe they make some BL tool or even better Link Pricing tool
bsaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #8
offshelfnet
hoodia gordonii plus

offshelfnet is on a distinguished road
it is also my gut feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaric
Maybe they make some BL tool or even better Link Pricing tool
that google works on somthing newer type of the tool on linking to better adjust their own pricing methods and make more feasible and "price justifiable " for the end users - customs who pay for the bids.
offshelfnet is offline   Reply With Quote