Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2006   #1
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
AdCenter offering open signup period

MSN AdCenter will be offering a three hour window on Monday March 6th where advertisers can sign up for a new account without having to wait for one of the official invites into the pilot. If you have been eyeing up an account but haven't received your invite, you can sign up starting at 9am PST

With the increase in traffic they are now offering, this will be nice for advertisers wanting to get in on the inexpensive clicks early, rather than waiting for AdCenter to be open for all.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #2
incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp is on a distinguished road
Are you sure it is Pacific time?
incrediblehelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Yup, I think so, 12 noon (EST).
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #4
incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp is on a distinguished road
thanks.

I am surprised they dont clarify on the AdCenter website.
incrediblehelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #5
GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago will become famous soon enoughGuyFromChicago will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by incrediblehelp
thanks.

I am surprised they dont clarify on the AdCenter website.
Maybe they saw your post

Quote:
Starting Monday, March 6 at 9 A.M. Pacific Time, we'll be offering an open pilot enrollment for approximately three hours. During this period, you can sign up for an adCenter account directly at http://adcenter.msn.com and start right away without waiting for an invitation to join.
GuyFromChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #6
B-Double-U

B-Double-U will become famous soon enough
I think this will be nice to get in on the ground floor of to try out before you give a full feed.
B-Double-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #7
JohnMaggio

JohnMaggio is on a distinguished road
Sign up was painless, quick and easy. Threw 40 or so words at it until i can take some time with it. It seemed to be a mix between Yahoo, and Google leaning towards Yahoo.
JohnMaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #8
seomike
Md_Rewrite Guru

seomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to behold
If you have IE 7 you'll have to revert to IE 6 if you want to sign up. Anything but IE 6 will cause an uncompatiblity error just FYI.
seomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006   #9
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
FYI, they have extended this until 5pm PST today.
Old 03-08-2006   #10
luisbetancourt

luisbetancourt is on a distinguished road
I have a question!
I signed up for an account one week ago, during the SES, and I have not received any communication from MSN about my account. When I registered they said it would take 3 business days to get my account activated.

BTW: Do you know what can I do to get my account activated? I signed up using the info they gave in the SES last week.

Thanks!
luisbetancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #11
Jenstar

If they have processed your invite under your email address, try using your email address here:
https://adcenter.msn.com/AuthorizeUser.aspx
Old 03-08-2006   #12
luisbetancourt

luisbetancourt is on a distinguished road
It worked!!!!!
Thanks!
luisbetancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #13
Carrie2340

Carrie2340 is on a distinguished road
Adcenter Submission

I signed up during the open sign-up on Monday. I have submitted several campaigns however they are still "pending." Does anyone know how long it takes for campaigns to be approved and go live?

Thanks
Carrie2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #14
adCenter411
Official Rep

adCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the rough
pending status

hi Carrie2340 --
your campaigns may actually be running - currently we have a known issue on our end where in some cases, ads and keywords are running even though the adCenter tool says they're pending.

we're working to fix this and i'll let you know here when this is resolved.
thanks,
adCenter411
adCenter411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #15
Jenstar

I noticed that AdCenter is doing another open signup until 6pm Friday if anyone is still needing an account. They seemed to have kept this one quiet, I just noticed it when I went to login to my account tonight.
Old 03-24-2006   #16
grnidone
Righteous Babe.

grnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nice
Nice. MSN adcenter doesn't allow one to use Firefox or Safari. And they stopped support for Microsoft IE on the Mac as of last year.
grnidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #17
unreviewed

unreviewed has disabled reputation
It even rejected IE 7 Beta!
unreviewed is offline   Reply With Quote