Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdSense
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2006   #1
donelson
World's best virtual tours

donelson is on a distinguished road
How Can I See AdSense Ads On My Site As If I Were In Another Country?

I am based in the UK. Is there a way to see the AdSense ads that are being displayed on my site to visitors based in the USA? Canada? Other places?

Thanks.
donelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #2
ewc21
Hong Kong SEO

ewc21 is on a distinguished road
You may want to check this thread:

http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ead.php?t=9504
ewc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #3
donelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewc21
That's very interesting, thanks, but not relevant to my interests.

But, I am looking for a way to see USA AdWords, as seen by US visitors, on MY site, not on Google's SERPs.

I know that Google's SERPs may be similar to the AdWords shown on my pages, but unless I Google search with all the words on my page, I am unlikely to see what USA visitors see. Even then, it's probably significantly different sometimes.

What I need is a way to view the page VIA a re-router or some such that makes it look like the page requests for my homepages are coming from, say, Canada etc.
Old 02-08-2006   #4
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
but unless I Google search with all the words on my page, I am unlikely to see what USA visitors see.
You might have to be viewing the pages from an IP identified as a US located IP number.

It can even get down to the specific city. I often get to see ads specific for Los Angeles, because my IP is located in the locale.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #5
donelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia
You might have to be viewing the pages from an IP identified as a US located IP number.

It can even get down to the specific city. I often get to see ads specific for Los Angeles, because my IP is located in the locale.
Thanks, Marcia.

Are there re-direction services (there must be) for viewing web pages "from" somewhere else?
Old 02-08-2006   #6
donelson

Marcia et al

For the USA ads ---- I have found "The Cloak" http://www.the-cloak.com which works okay, as Google defaults to USA ads when no source country can me determined (I guess?).

I will try to find similar services from Canada etc.
Old 02-08-2006   #7
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
Use the AdSense preview tool, it allows you to geotarget to many different countries to see up to 12 ads for each geolocation. You can also click on any of the ads to see the landing page without costing the advertiser any money (or getting yourself suspended from AdSense).

https://www.google.com/support/adsen...c.py?topic=160
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #8
donelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenstar
Use the AdSense preview tool, it allows you to geotarget to many different countries to see up to 12 ads for each geolocation. You can also click on any of the ads to see the landing page without costing the advertiser any money (or getting yourself suspended from AdSense).

https://www.google.com/support/adsen...c.py?topic=160
Only runs on Windows...
Old 02-16-2006   #9
gehrlekrona
DB Engineer

gehrlekrona is on a distinguished road
Hide IP

You can hide your IP and go through a proxy and then you "pretend" that you are from another country. Do NOT Click on your ads though!!
I have tried it and it works and from some countries you won't even see any ads at all.
gehrlekrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #10
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough
Ditto to the above. Cloakers are well known to Google and tracking your IP address is only the first step in looking for people who like to cheat the system, but it is far from the only one.
Papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006   #11
netwise
Adsense Expert

netwise is on a distinguished road
You'd have to go through a proxy. There are hundreds of services online. Some are free and some you have to pay for.
netwise is offline   Reply With Quote