Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > Search Industry Growth & Trends > Search & Legal Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2006   #1
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
News.com Surveys Search Engines On Privacy Issues

Great scoop by Rand who mentioned everyone over here must have still been asleep. In his search marketing blog, he reviews an article in C|Net which really gets specific on search privacy and what kind of information is readily accessible to each engine.

Rand rates MSN's response as best, but I feel AOL's position as being the only one of the four to answer the last question (see the main article) ...
Quote:
Do you ever anticipate offering search engine users a way to delete that data?
...with a "we already do" gives them my vote. (not to mention I went to HS with Andrew of AOL ) The other answers to that were evasive at best, I thought.

This matches up well with Danny's threads here and here, but I felt this article deserved its own space for discussion.

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 02-05-2006 at 09:13 AM. Reason: edit blog link
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #2
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
note Danny wrote a detailed analysis of this article at the SEW blog today...
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote