Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Web Analytics & Tracking
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2006   #1
tonerman

tonerman has a spectacular aura abouttonerman has a spectacular aura about
Smile Finally happy with Analytics

I wrote a red-faced post a while back about Googles Analytics Launch. I don't need to repeat it, because everyone knows how that has gone. On my part, our site used an ecommerce package that is generally installed in a manner that makes it essentially incompatible with Analytics.

The hard part was figuring out if we were the problem, or the problem was at the Analytics end. It took 8 weeks, two consulting firms (one a Google Analytics Partner and one combination web hosting/custom programming company, as well as whatever help I could throw in. It got so complex I just bowed out of it and let the consulting companies solve the problem the last wretched week.

We had to make major changes at the server configuration level (Apache) with Mod-rewrites and a bunch of other changes to get it to work correctly. I'm not dumb but I can't write Apache directives and I am not an Analytics Partner - I needed a lot of outside expertise and it wasn't cheap. In the end we'll get our money back in spades so if you are having a hard time - hang in there and if you need help get it. I was very happy with the help I got from both eWebusa.com and Triangleresearch - both in North Carolina. I thought I mention their names because they did miraculous work for me. It would have never happened otherwise.

As for Google Analytics - its worth all the hassles. Tonerman
tonerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #2
Wavy Davy
Go Chelsea!

Wavy Davy is an unknown quantity at this point
Analytics

I have always been a big fan
Wavy Davy is offline   Reply With Quote