Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2006   #1
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
SES New York - Feb/March - who's going?

I'll be flying in from ice-cold Canada on the 26th, and staying in town until the following Sunday. Adding a few days after the show to hang in my fav city.

Anyone else going?

Doesn't seem to be anyone committed so far over at SEF where I regularly post...but it might just still be early yet.

I thought if folks were going it might be a chance to actually meet some forum members face to face. Forums are great and all, but I like to meet folks when I have the chance.

I certainly don't expect him to recall this, but I met Danny a few years ago at the 1st Toronto SES...as we exited the washroom, no less... I was impressed by the show and the effort everyone put forth - the info was fantastic and the presenters were great.

SES is now my regular show - though I hit NY now...

Anyway, if there's any interest in a gtg, let me know. If there's already one planned, let me know...unless it's for cool folks only, then I'll understand if I don't get an invite...

Duane
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I am there.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #3
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
I am there too.

And hey sportsguy, usually there are good parties at NYC. As far as a get-together for SEW members, nothing really in the budget for that I think. However, in the lunch room there is "Birds of a feather" seating which usually includes tables for most of the major forum members to network, including one for SEW. I actually first met Aussiewebmaster at such a table.

Hope to see you there!
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #4
sportsguy

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
I'll watch for the "Birds" seating at the lunches.

I wasn't actually alluding to a "sponsored" gtg, just thinking if folks were informally meeting up at some point it would be nice to meet folks.

Can't wait! NY is always fun.
Old 01-20-2006   #5
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have the time, but I'm going anyway

I'll only be there Wed though - I want to talk a bit about the SMA-NA and meet some people, but then I actually have to get back to working for a living...

Ian
Old 01-20-2006   #6
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy
I'll watch for the "Birds" seating at the lunches.

I wasn't actually alluding to a "sponsored" gtg, just thinking if folks were informally meeting up at some point it would be nice to meet folks.

Can't wait! NY is always fun.
People are always meeting up informally in the hotel bar. Typically anytime of day during the conferences.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #7
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
>> Typically anytime of day

... or night

I'll be there!
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #8
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
I'll be there, too!
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #9
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
I plan on being there, too. Not sure which days I'll be there, though, as I'm from there--and might have to take some time see the parents
Old 01-20-2006   #10
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy
I'll be flying in from ice-cold Canada on the 26th, and staying in town until the following Sunday. Adding a few days after the show to hang in my fav city.

Duane
Duane, I'm sure it'll be balmy in New York though.

See you there, along with all the other usual suspects.
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #11
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
winter will be practically over and there is lots of heat in NYC. balmy shorts weather.
Old 01-25-2006   #12
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
I don't know guys - last year it was all snow and blizzards . I predict more of same.

I'll be there, too - all 4 days and Sunday night, to boot!
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #13
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
Rand will your grandpa Sid(?) be there too again?
Old 01-26-2006   #14
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
Jill - Yes! His name's Seymour (he goes by Si), and he'll definitely be there. We have to decide which sessions to split up and cover. He'll be thrilled that you asked about him
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #15
oilman

oilman is a jewel in the roughoilman is a jewel in the roughoilman is a jewel in the roughoilman is a jewel in the rough
I'm in as usual
oilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #16
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Yes! His name's Seymour (he goes by Si)
Oh yeah, Si! I know my business partner, Lorraine, enjoyed talking with him. She'll be happy to hear he is going to be there again. (She'll be there too, we'll have to all get together!)
Old 01-30-2006   #17
JohnScott
Coffee Drinker

JohnScott has a spectacular aura aboutJohnScott has a spectacular aura aboutJohnScott has a spectacular aura about
I gotta go. I promised Aaron.
JohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006   #18
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
if you are in NYC the weekend after SES Paul Van Dyk will be in town
http://www.madeevent.com/030406.html
Old 02-01-2006   #19
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Nice Aaron I actually will still be in town...I'll plan on a seat at your table and a sip of your grey goose.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #20
sportsguy

WOW - just remembered to check this thread.

Can't wait - my wife and I build some vacation around this event each year - she gets a week in the city, I get to learn and meet new folks.

This is our vacation "down south" each year now...LOL Booking tickets to three broadway shows tonight.

...and it is uncool if I write my forum name on my conference badge? I mean, many folks are only known to other through these forums (or am I an isolated idiot with serious social issues... ).