Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2004   #1
webfut

webfut is on a distinguished road
Inbound Links hurting listing in Yahoo

Hello all,

First time poster here so bare with me.

I have a site http://www.creditreporting.com and we have had a hard time in Yahoo. We rank well for most of our terms in Google. Can't get listed if our life depended upon it in Yahoo though. Our site is in the index but only the homepage and page from business.com CPC campaign we have.

We tried inclusion as well and nothing so far. So I called Site Match and they told me that we have too many links pointing to our site. We have over 11,000 links and that may be hurting us. I just about fell over, telling the rep at site match that I cannot control what other are doing regarding linking to our site. He said, "Oh well, too bad".

In my opinion, the site is clean, we build content continually, no tricks. We do offer a couple of affiliate products along with our own products. We have our own affiliate program that has been around along time.

So what do you think about the links issue regarding this site? I am stumped as to what I can do to try to get Yahoo to notice all the content in this site if they are penalizing my site for inbound links.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions you may have.

Regards,

Laura
webfut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #2
mtnviewmayhem

mtnviewmayhem is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by webfut
So I called Site Match and they told me that we have too many links pointing to our site.
Strange that Yahoo would say that when one of their departments is on an inbound link grabbing frenzy.

Mentioned in some posts here:

http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...read.php?t=879
mtnviewmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #3
webfut

webfut is on a distinguished road
Hello mntviewmayhem,

Ya I know, I read that one this morning. It just makes me more confused about Yahoo. I can't pinpoint the issues it is having with my site.

Site Match Rep told me to get ahold of Yahoo Search! rep, but that did not work for me in the past using their email address.

Laura
webfut is offline   Reply With Quote