Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2006   #1
mattk

mattk is on a distinguished road
Relevant Page Buried Under Irrelevant Pages At Google - Why?

I help out a friend of mine, she runs a team building company (www.citychallengeuk.com). One of the cities they offer their events in is Heidelberg in Germany. We would therefore like to rank for the term

team building Heidelberg

In MSN and Yahoo we rank Number 1, however in Google we rank Number 7. Now, I don't mind healthy competition, but none of the sites that rank above us are even slightly related to team building in Heidelberg.

I am at a total loss to explain why these sites rank above us for a term that is very specific. Can anyone else shed some light on this please?
mattk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #2
mario

mario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk
I help out a friend of mine, she runs a team building company (www.citychallengeuk.com). One of the cities they offer their events in is Heidelberg in Germany. We would therefore like to rank for the term

team building Heidelberg

In MSN and Yahoo we rank Number 1, however in Google we rank Number 7. Now, I don't mind healthy competition, but none of the sites that rank above us are even slightly related to team building in Heidelberg.

I am at a total loss to explain why these sites rank above us for a term that is very specific. Can anyone else shed some light on this please?
from which place you whant to see your query on a better position? Germany, USA, England or others?????
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #3
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
Quote:
2 words: aging delay

Or if you prefer one word: sandbox
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #4
BradBristol
Has-Been "SEO Expert"

BradBristol will become famous soon enoughBradBristol will become famous soon enough
Jill,

Just a snipit of info from the whois registration for the domain in question.

Quote:
RegDate: 2002-11-23
Man, that is one looooooooong aging delay...
BradBristol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #5
BradBristol
Has-Been "SEO Expert"

BradBristol will become famous soon enoughBradBristol will become famous soon enough
mattk,

There is nothing wrong with your page.

If you really want that #1 spot in google for that keyword, I would suggest that you take a very close look at the pages above you, what are you doing that they are not...

Only a hint because, If I told ya I'd have to charge ya...

Last edited by BradBristol : 01-12-2006 at 08:59 AM.
BradBristol is offline   Reply With Quote