Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2006   #1
CaliforniaGirl

CaliforniaGirl is on a distinguished road
Solution for this Link Strategy

Hi there!

I have a large client that serves international news, job search, car sales among other things.

They would like to start a link building strategy that I haven't had the pleasure in researching before.

They would like to start a type of news delivery system where someone with Site A can download some code that will serve up the news headlines on SITE A. When the link is clicked the user will be taken to the news sites. It would be a news feed with the articles residing on the news server.

They are looking at doing this w/ JS links but are concerned that the engines/spiders will not follow the links. Fair enough.

Can they;
Write clean links in the JS that the spider CAN follow?
Use the <noscript> tag somehow?
Use iFrames?
Use include files?
Or another type of SSI?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
CaliGirl
CaliforniaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #2
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
SSI or PHP include files would work. since they are done server side bots would not know that they content was from source A other than the link pointing back at that site
Old 01-26-2006   #3
ssjothun
SEOBomb.com Blog

ssjothun is on a distinguished road
Oh no...stay out of anything that has to do with javascript includes. There are, like Aaron says, way better options out there.

What you want is a script that parses RSS into real HTML (this is for SEO purposes) so that affiliate sites can add the feed to theirs site (this is for traffic and SEO purposes)

SSI is one option, all though ASP/Net/PHP parser/aggregator is the best. Do some research on that, and you should be able to find free PHP libraries for this.

WordPress do have ready to go RSS parsers available. all you have to do is to install it and activate.

So far, this is all really simple, however, if it's a large customer, I assume they are interested in tracking this, and this is where the technical difficulties that I'm strugglig with right now comes in.

What I would like to do is to make the client get a cookie and track the movements to the join/deposit that way, and I'm still working on that one.

Last edited by ssjothun : 01-26-2006 at 06:58 PM.
ssjothun is offline   Reply With Quote