Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2006   #1
GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago will become famous soon enoughGuyFromChicago will become famous soon enough
Agency Discount for AdWords

I've heard rumors (for quite some time actually) that agencies get (or at some point got) a discount on their AdWords spend. I spoke with my rep this morning and was told flat out - no - agencies do not get a discount. I've had others tell me they have spoken with rep who confirmed that agencies do get a discount.

Does anyone know for sure - one way or the other - if agencies get a discount on AdWords?

Reading this thread lead me to believe they do, or they did at some point.

Thanks.
GuyFromChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #2
SanDiegoSEO

SanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the rough
We have several clients each spending large amounts of money every month, and we do NOT recieve any discounts.
SanDiegoSEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #3
shilly
SMM

shilly is a jewel in the roughshilly is a jewel in the roughshilly is a jewel in the rough
Could it be that they are talking about the "promotional credits" you get when you are a Google Certified Professional? I have about $500 in credits. It is not a discount, but I can apply the credits to new accounts.
shilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #4
shor
aka Lucas Ng. Aussie online marketer.

shor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the rough
This September article may be of interest: http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050928-093850

Specifically

Quote:
Many search marketers in the US are unaware that in Europe, both Google and Yahoo offer agency commissions. Today, Google has announced plans to restructure that practice.
Google does NOT consider the new program to be paying commission but rather having a "best practice funding element."
The best practice funding element still sounds like a volume or tiered rebate structure - the Euro-based SEOs may want to enlighten us In Australia, as Chris_D noted in the other thread, Google required the agency to be an 'accredited media agency' i.e. a 'traditional' media agency. I have no idea if this has changed recently (I manage PPC in-house). From memory, Overture Australia was less stringent and more open, but with Overture Australia's recent management changes, this may have changed.
shor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #5
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
There has never been any agency credits of any note in the US. Yes, Europe and Asia have them now and though Europe seems to potentially lose them from Google (though if MSN and Yahoo offer them it will be a big committment to stop them then).

Asia especially China is a market that has the system ingrained as more than part of the business model - it is part of the culture and will be harder to wipe out.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote