Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2005   #1
webseox22

SEO Top 5 money investments

Hi
I'm just want if somebody can help me and tell me which you consider the top five SEO techniques for money investment, you know, pay per click campaigns, search engine submitions.etc
Thanks for your help
Old 12-29-2005   #2
maildeepak
www.cdkhosts.com

maildeepak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by webseox22
Hi
I'm just want if somebody can help me and tell me which you consider the top five SEO techniques for money investment, you know, pay per click campaigns, search engine submitions.etc
Thanks for your help
welcome to the forum webseox...

i didn't understand what you are trying to ask...r u trying to ask which are the best seo practices on which you want to start your business? if this is ur question, then my suggestion to you is...consider which area of Search engine marketing you are familiar and experienced with, then jump into it.

for ex. if you are well versed in seo techniques....then you can start offering seo services to customers.....if you are good in PPC you can start offering PPC services to people....

so, it all depends on which area you are familiar and convenient with....
maildeepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #3
projectphp
What The World, Needs Now, Is Love, Sweet Love

projectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to beholdprojectphp is a splendid one to behold
I want someone to tell me how to make a million in Real Estate in less than 5 years starting unemployed with no money. Any takers

Seriously now, that question is so broad it is impossible to answer. I think you need to take a second and read http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ead.php?t=2086 and see if that doesn't help you out
projectphp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #4
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
good point by php.

First of all, pay-per-click is not SEO. PPC allows you to place listings within sponsored listings of search results, and SEO deals only with the "organic" or "free" listings on a search results page. If I was to rank the top five factors for SEO, they would be as follows:

1. Site structure - if the site has content that cannot be seen by search engines (such as within frames or in a dynamic state) you are not going to go far.

2. Content - you must have sufficient content about a particular topic in order to be considered for inclusion. This includes on-page and off-page content. The META Title is VERY important, for example.

3. Linking -Inbound linking from authoritative sources such as the Yahoo Directory, DMOZ, and other legitimate (read here: ranking) directories and websites that are relevant to your site will help to establish that you are a qualified source of information. Outbound links can help to increase the content you offer to your visitors as well.

4. Usability - Making the site user-friendly will help the search engines to crawl your content more easily, and increase the chances of relevant content being found.

5. Longevity - Older domains will perform better than new domains.

This is basically a real "nutshell" view of important SEO factors. I always swear by the idea that if you build the site with visitors, not search engines, in mind, the rankings will follow.

Submissions are not as important as they used to be, especially since all it takes for the Google spider to crawl your site, for example, is a single link from another site that has been indexed by Google. Don't spend lots of money on repeated submissions, and certainly work on your content before submitting it.

Like projectphp says, brush up on the basics. Reading Aaron Wall's SEOBook will help, as well as informational sites like Bruceclay.com or even Instantposition.com (one of our properties).
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #5
rcjordan
There are a lot of truths out there. Just choose one that suits you. -Wes Allison

rcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to all
>which you consider the top five SEO techniques for money investment

For SEO, I've always spent my money (and time, which is the most expensive part) on content management in one form or another.

Secondly, if you're an independent or small shop, indulge yourself in the very best, near-bleeding-edge hardware.

Thirdly, put a good piece of your investment in travel to the conferences.
rcjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #6
FeldBum
Frog Boy

FeldBum will become famous soon enoughFeldBum will become famous soon enough
My top five are:

1. Content
2. More Content
3. A bit more content
4. Inbound links
5. Site structure & internal linking.

Like the voice whispering through the corn fields says:

"If you build it, they will come"

FeldBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #7
MattUK

MattUK is on a distinguished road
As an investment, link bait for me. It can be costly and can take time to work, but coming up with a truly useful tool that will encourage natural linking is invaluable in the long run.
MattUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #8
PuneetJvw

PuneetJvw is on a distinguished road
1. Ppc.
2. Website analysis and Seo.
3. Content writing.
4. Directory listing (specially Dmoz)
5. Other search engine marketing.

Regards/Puneet M.
PuneetJvw is offline   Reply With Quote