Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2005   #1
MichelZ

MichelZ is on a distinguished road
Question How Long does it Take for New Site being Indexed to Receiving a Ranking through MSN?

1. How Long does it Take for New Site from being Indexed to Receiving a Ranking through MSN?
2. Is there a way to speed up this process, like doing a "RSS Feed" might speed up process to get your pages indexed faster?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by MichelZ : 12-26-2005 at 03:17 AM.
MichelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #2
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
MSN is probably the engine that index and rank new pages the fastest at the moment. At least, thats my experience. I usually get most new sites indexed and well ranked within a matter of days.
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #3
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, less than a week from when the first pages are uploaded. And then they pick up new pages added almost immediately.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #4
MichelZ

MichelZ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel deMib Svendsen
MSN is probably the engine that index and rank new pages the fastest at the moment. At least, thats my experience. I usually get most new sites indexed and well ranked within a matter of days.
Yeah, this was also my experience for many new sites of mine but this month personnaly things changed around:

Or my new sites don't get crawled at all Or when they get indexed No ranking to be found!!
MichelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #5
jwitham2002

jwitham2002 is on a distinguished road
Have any of you had a page indexed in MSN, but then have it take a few weeks to starting ranking well?? That's what seems to have happened with me
jwitham2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #6
gehrlekrona
DB Engineer

gehrlekrona is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up MSN is GREAT!

Like almost everyone else here I get my sites listed within a couple of days in MSN and get great rankings to. I get most of my traffic from MSN nowadays so I like them A LOT
Google, on the other hand, is sooooooooooo $#%@@ difficult to get in som I have almost given up on them..... Submit and Forget is my mantra for Google since they seem to want to rule the world and tell everybody how to build web sites and what the content should be so I am not sure to do when you don't agree. If I DON'T want a Blog on my site, why do I have to? They want everybody to conform their web sites so their algoritms work.........
gehrlekrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #7
ssjothun
SEOBomb.com Blog

ssjothun is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Just to confirm what people are saying, MSN is usually really quick.

For more info, I recommend reading this PDF doc: search engine freshness

As for Google being difficult, I believe more in seeding links than submitting sites. This is a more efficient way than submitting directly to a search engine. In addition, a Google site map really seems to increase crawl efficiency and visits, so I highly recommend that.

As a matter of fact, I started my SEO Bomb Blog about a month and a half ago, seeded one link and the search engines are going amok on the site.

I did a post about disappearing pages in MSN search on the 18th (2 days ago) and the page is already indexed - and is #1 in google for: disappearing pages in msn, #8 for: missing pages in msn, #8 for: pages gone in msn, #3 for: index pages gone in msn, and probably a lot of other terms for that specific page as well.

Last edited by ssjothun : 01-20-2006 at 10:32 PM.
ssjothun is offline   Reply With Quote