Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2005   #1
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Google Increases AdWords Headline Size

Catching up on reading while gone last week, I noticed Gary blogging what Steve Rubel spotted, that the text for AdWords has gone up a size. More details here: New With Google AdWords: Missing Ads Troubleshooting Wizard, Landing Pages Influence Quality Score & Larger Font Sizes For AdWords. Comments on the change, anyone? Like it? Higher clickthroughs?
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #2
earlpearl
earlpearl

earlpearl is on a distinguished road
I think this is quite important. In another forum someone mentioned they first saw this Friday, 12/10. I just saw it today.

I'd check your click through percentages. In my mind this makes ppc dramatically more important...and possibly degrades the value of natural rankings...only of course if click throughs dramatically increase.

We shall see. Certainly makes ppc more valuable during holiday season.

Dave
earlpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #3
g7submit
SEM Pro

g7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the rough
Fantastic!

This looks like some added weaponry for copywriters! Many times, I always feel I am in a confinement when switching back and forth setting campaigns up in Overture and Google.
g7submit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #4
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Well, they've only increased the font size, not the character limit, unfortunately. So you don't have any more weaponry than before.

I haven't compared CTRs, but I agree the ads stand out a lot more on the page now.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #5
g7submit
SEM Pro

g7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the rough
Oops

Oops! Sorry about that, I just read Danny's posts and haven't post any new campaign. Actually, I thought it was both character limits and font size. Blurry eyes

Thanks for the point.
g7submit is offline   Reply With Quote