Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2005   #1
garyp

garyp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the rough
Google Begins Testing Click To Call Advertising

Just posted an item on the Google Blog about what appears to be the launch of Google's pay-per-call program testing. Like Google often does, they have their own name for it and call it click-to-call.

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/051123-013242

Last edited by dannysullivan : 11-23-2005 at 07:00 AM.
garyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #2
shimsand

shimsand is on a distinguished road
Google Connect, or Click to Call

Finally, it's happening.
I wrote about this back on October 27th. At the time they were calling it "Google Connect".
Here are the Ad Specifications:-)
PPC and SEO blog
I still don't see my listings though. I guess the best time to check out this beta stuff is late at night.
The beta test was/is free. I'm not sure how long we'll get that pricing.

Last edited by shimsand : 11-23-2005 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Grammer
shimsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #3
garyp

garyp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the rough
Third Party

Someone asked where my comment about
where I got the info that Google was using VoIP for connectivity.

It's listed here:
http://www.google.com/help/privacy_clicktocall.html

in the section labeled: Uses
garyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #4
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
I don't see this one really taking off right now. Hey the vast majority of advertisers are just starting with PPC. This will be a 12-18 month down the road success story.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #5
fulton savage

fulton savage is on a distinguished road
What if my company doesn't have a 24 hour sales rep available?

(and)

From a personal standpoint, I'd rather click on to the company's website and learn what I can (on my own) before I got a salesman on the phone asking me for contact info.
fulton savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #6
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Sensis, the Aussie engine has also adopted the Pay for Call system.... seems it is pushing out to many engines right now.
Estara provides their technology....

So Miva - which incorporates ESpotting which covers European search, Google the global engine - though limited to the US for now - and Sensis from Australia.... who is doing the Asian market????
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote