Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Web Analytics & Tracking
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2005   #1
yngexec

yngexec is on a distinguished road
Exclamation For those w/ Google Analytics Problems

I just received this email from support. They're apparently having some trouble keeping up w/ demand

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your email and your patience.

We have received your report regarding the problem with the "Check Status" alert update. Our engineers are currently working to solve the problem and hope to reach a resolution shortly. This will not affect data collection or report generation if you have already tagged your website with the Google Analytics Tracking Code.

Additionally, I understand that you aren't seeing data in your reports, even though your tracking code has been set up for over six hours. We apologize for any inconvenience. We have collected your data since you installed the tracking code on your site, and are continuing to collect this data throughout the day.

We are currently in the process of creating reports from your data. You should be able to see your reports populated with data later today. Please note that this reporting delay is associated with unexpected demand for Google Analytics. Under normal circumstances, the data in your reports will be at most six hours old.

For additional questions, please visit the Analytics Help Center at http://www.google.com/support/analytics. If you're unable to find an answer to your question on our site, please feel free to reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Analytics Support
Lots of buzz...
yngexec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #2
BoardTracker
Keeping an eye on things

BoardTracker is on a distinguished road
Hmm. Well... You'd think that google can handle the traffic. no? They certainly knew masses of people will try it, I would think.
Six hours was extended to 12 now.. But still, we set up the tracking code over 36 hours ago and our account is still not showing anything (still saying on the site we will see information in 12 hours).

Oh well.. Maybe in another 12
BoardTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005   #3
SanDiegoSEO

SanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the rough
I got the exact same email. At least they're keeping us informed of the problem.
SanDiegoSEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #4
jamesa1993

jamesa1993 is on a distinguished road
Linking the google javascript file

Does any one know of a way to link the google javascript file from within another javascript file? I tried the document.write solution but I get "Object not found" error when the page loads. I only have a javascript file thats linked throughout my site in the header.

Thanks!
jamesa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #5
BoardTracker
Keeping an eye on things

And now login doesn't work at all. Redirects me to google.com instead of the amalytics account. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 11-17-2005   #6
jamesa1993

jamesa1993 is on a distinguished road
Down

Yea, its been down all morning.
jamesa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #7
blah509

blah509 is on a distinguished road
Ours is down today (11/17/05)

we are getting the redirect too...(sigh)

first time here...just to let you guys know, you are number 2 on google for this issue...good work

g

Last edited by Nacho : 11-17-2005 at 01:32 PM. Reason: NO signatures in posts please as per FAQ http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=signature&match=all&titlesonly=0
blah509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #8
dazzlindonna
Internet Entrepreneur

dazzlindonna is a glorious beacon of lightdazzlindonna is a glorious beacon of lightdazzlindonna is a glorious beacon of lightdazzlindonna is a glorious beacon of lightdazzlindonna is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah509
AFter logging in and getting redirected, type https://www.google.com/analytics/home/report into the address bar and you'll get to your report. It works, but it is irritating to have to do this. However, it looks like stats stopped working yesterday afternoon, as my site shows no visits after that, which of course it had. So, the redirect is probably because the thing isn't working anymore. Lovely.
dazzlindonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #9
BoardTracker
Keeping an eye on things

Quote:
first time here...just to let you guys know, you are number 2 on google for this issue...good work
g
http://www.illmethinks.com
#1 on BoardTracker http://www.boardtracker.com/search/?...Problems&cat=1
Old 11-17-2005   #10
blah509

blah509 is on a distinguished road
Its back up....but no new stats

man talk about egg on someones face....

google...chill out....stop being a jack of all trades....

but i would like to see the analytics working

g

Last edited by Nacho : 11-17-2005 at 01:33 PM. Reason: NO signatures in posts please as per FAQ http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=signature&match=all&titlesonly=0
blah509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #11
BoardTracker
Keeping an eye on things

Quote:
...google...chill out....stop being a jack of all trades....
but i would like to see the analytics working
g
Cause it's "free", right?