Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2004   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Post Live Reports from Search Engine Strategies - San Jose 2004

This week many of the moderators will be at the Search Engine Strategies in San Jose. Some of us will be posting live coverage of the sessions we attend. This thread will be the central location for all announcements about new posts on SES San Jose live coverage.

We will be posting new threads for each session we attend in the most appropriate forum room. When we post this new thread, we will come here to notify you where the thread is located.

I will be leaving to San Jose shortly. I hope the wifi in the conference area and rooms work well. If they do, please expect (from me) live coverage to be posted minutes after the sessions end.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004   #2
steve sardell
Go For It

steve sardell is on a distinguished road
Thanks RustyB,

Not all of us are able to break away, and your posts will be much appreciated.
steve sardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
First session almost done, please visit my notes on the Dealing With Contextual & Other Non- Search Ads session.
Old 08-02-2004   #4
rustybrick

Very interesting session named Inside The Searcher's Mind, check it out.
Old 08-02-2004   #5
rustybrick

Next session I covered is named Personalizing Search. This topic was the hottest thing in search before the SEMPO scandal (just kidding), and I look forward to hearing what some of the panelists have to say, specifically Eurekster. Danny starts asking who hear feels that personalized search will be the next big wave in search. Hands went up in the audience. Danny says that this might be one avenue towards this area. continue reading...
Old 08-02-2004   #6
rustybrick

Check out my coverage of the Search Detours: Beyond the Top 10 session.

Last edited by Nacho : 08-03-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2004   #7
Incubator

Incubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura about
Thanks RustyB, these are great posts

Cheers

Wc
Incubator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #8
steve sardell
Go For It

steve sardell is on a distinguished road
Rusty and Nacho,

Great job keeping us posted. My hat is off to you.
steve sardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #9
rustybrick

New thread on the SEMPO Meeting at SES San Jose 2004.
Old 08-03-2004   #10
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
The Executive Roundtable sessions doesn't happen until tomorrow, but I could really use some contributions on questions. Please post ideas over here: Ask The Search Execs
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #11
rustybrick

Just posted notes on the Opening Keynote by Danny Sullivan.
Old 08-03-2004   #12
rustybrick

The Auditing Paid Listings & Click-fraud Issues session coverage is live.
Old 08-03-2004   #13
rustybrick

text goes here... Creating Compelling Ads & Landing Pages session.
Old 08-03-2004   #14
rustybrick

Europe, isn't Danny from there? Reaching Out to Europe. My posts here keep getting more and more creative.
Old 08-03-2004   #15
rustybrick

Last session of the day Search Ads Beyond Google & Overture.
Old 08-04-2004   #16
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
10:15 PM - Live from the Google Dance - OZOMATLI just left the Google stage after an hour or so of a killer live performance - as energetic as always!!!

more to come tomorrow....
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #17
rustybrick

Thanks Elis for that update, for more on the Google Dance visit the Google Dance 2004 thread. If you were there, feel free to add your thoughts on it. I think it was 'groovy'.
Old 08-04-2004   #18
rustybrick

First session of the day named Executive Roundtable. I posted it in the thread where Danny asked us to ask questions for the search execs.
Old 08-04-2004   #19
rustybrick

Tim Mayer was just sitting to my left, tried to pay him off to give me some secrets but he wouldn't give it up. Other then not giving me any insider information, he is still a nice guy. So my new favorite search engine is Yahoo.

Ok, just posted the Shopping Search Tactics session. Check it out.
Old 08-04-2004   #20
KevinSource

KevinSource is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

RustyBrick, You Rock!

Thanks for all the detailed posts. It's great to get some insight on the sessions that I don't have time to attend....I'm sure there are many others who also appreciate your dedication.
KevinSource is offline   Reply With Quote