Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Marketing > Affiliate Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2005   #1
5starAffiliatePrograms
Affiliate Management Consultant

5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough
Adsense NEW $100 Referral Program

Speculation just started yesterday about a new referral program from Google. Well today it's out and Google is paying $100 for referrals to Adsense (after they make their 1st $100) and $1 for each new user you’ve referred to Firefox plus Google Toolbar that runs Firefox for the first time.

From AdMoolah News and Views - http://www.admoolah.com/blog/

Quote:
"When you log into your AdSense account you will see a new “Referrals” tab where you can get AdSense and Firefox referral buttons. I find it interesting that they only have buttons, and not plain text links as well.

This is a great new addition to the program. I’m sure the forums and blogs will be buzzing with this news for the next few days."
From Google: https://www.google.com/support/adsen...y?answer=27406

Quote:
"With our new referrals feature, you can increase your revenue while increasing your users' awareness of useful products and services. By adding a referral button to your site, you can direct users to sign up for AdSense and monetize their web content, or to download Firefox with Google Toolbar and improve their web browsing experience.

While your users learn more, you can earn more -- US $100 for every new AdSense publisher who earns $100 and up to $1 for every new Firefox user."
What do you guys think?

Linda
5starAffiliatePrograms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #2
tomppa

tomppa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Google Toolbar that runs Firefox for the first time.
I'm thinking people who will re-install apps or even windows again just for quick money..

Last edited by tomppa : 11-04-2005 at 03:24 PM.
tomppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #3
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
I think it is pretty cool. I got the scoop about it yesterday and had to anxiously await for it to go live in the accounts, lol. I must admit, the first thought it my mind was along the lines of "Who doesn't have an AdSense account yet". But you never know
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005   #4
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I'm thinking people who will re-installing apps or even windows again just for quick money..
That is a LOT of work for $1 an install, and I am sure they have built in their fraud protection into this program as well.
Old 11-04-2005   #5
tomppa

just search big g with "get paid to" and you'll be surprised what people are willing to do for cents...
Old 11-04-2005   #6
5starAffiliatePrograms

5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough
Hi Jen,

I had seen your blog before the cat was out of the bag and knew you were dying to talk about it.

I don't use Adsense anyway, but my feeling is that most people that could be GOOD at earning with Adsense are already in the game. Someone could work hard to get referrals but how many of those new referrals that are not already using Adsense would clear the 100 hurdle?

I'm more curious about FF. Why would G pay people to dl FF??? Hmmmm I can think of a few reasons.
Old 11-04-2005   #7
tomppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starAffiliatePrograms
Hi Jen,

I had seen your blog before the cat was out of the bag and knew you were dying to talk about it.

I don't use Adsense anyway, but my feeling is that most people that could be GOOD at earning with Adsense are already in the game. Someone could work hard to get referrals but how many of those new referrals that are not already using Adsense would clear the 100 hurdle?

I'm more curious about FF. Why would G pay people to dl FF??? Hmmmm I can think of a few reasons.
<--- Checking out if there's a "mountain_view.exe" on his computer
Old 11-05-2005   #8
5starAffiliatePrograms

Quote:
<--- Checking out if there's a "mountain_view.exe" on his computer
Who's computer?
Old 12-05-2005   #9
donelson
World's best virtual tours

donelson is on a distinguished road
Firefox referral: $1.00 or $0.10 ?

I just noticed today that I got one referral conversion for Firefox, and Google have credited me with $0.10, NOT $1.00

What gives?
donelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005   #10
Jenstar

AdSense pays "up to" $1 per Firefox referral, and it varies depending on the user's location. So your referral was based in a country where the referral is only worth $0.10 and not $1.
Old 12-05-2005   #11
donelson
World's best virtual tours

donelson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenstar
AdSense pays "up to" $1 per Firefox referral, and it varies depending on the user's location. So your referral was based in a country where the referral is only worth $0.10 and not $1.
Thanks.

Aha: The biggest and most popular marketing lie in the world: "up to"...

Yes, I admit I am sometimes caught by this as well, although I usually catch it.

Makes the whole referral programme worth a lot less, then!
donelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005   #12
5starAffiliatePrograms

Thanks for jumping in Jen. I didn't notice those 2 little words either. I don't think most people did, because everyone on the forums I have read talks as if it's a straight $1. I guess they will start to find out the real scoop.