Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2005   #1
Relevancy
Relevancy Brings Results

Relevancy is on a distinguished road
Submit Content To Google

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/...or-of-day.html

This will be a great idea for insuring that the person who writes and first publishes the content will be given credit for the content even if his page is not indexed first. Meaning if someone steals your content and gets it indexed first you will still get credit for it if you submit it to Google as you make it live to the world.

Will this make stealing content and trying to submit it first the newest spam technique?

What else is good or bad about this possible new Google feature?
Relevancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #2
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This will be a great idea for insuring that the person who writes and first publishes the content will be given credit for the content even if his page is not indexed first.
It doesn't say anything about that or anything like it, it just says it's another way pages will get indexed.

Quote:
We are testing a new way for content owners to submit their content to Google, which we hope will complement existing methods such as our web crawl and Google Sitemaps.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #3
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
Marcia is right, all it says is that there's going to be more (or an additional way) for you get get your content indexed. Nothing about "if someone steals your content and gets it indexed first you will still get credit for it".

There's really no way for Google to tell who really owns content (no computer can do that). All they can really do is rely on who published the content first--or whenever they first indexed that content.

Google's goal is to make it easier for people to get their content indexed--that way it's easier for them to tell who really got it indexed first.

You might have an idea and write it down on a piece of paper. If I see that piece of paper and put that idea on the web and get it indexed first then Google will think that it's my idea. However, it's really your idea because you wrote it down before me. There's no way for Google to know that you were the one who first thought of that idea and wrote it down.

Last edited by bhartzer : 10-31-2005 at 05:51 PM.
bhartzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005   #4
Relevancy
Relevancy Brings Results

Relevancy is on a distinguished road
Weird Marcia, that you would dismiss another of my theory posts. You need to try to forecast possibilities to understand the potential of things. I am not saying what I know for sure. It is an idea to invoke thought and not me playing the "all knowing guy".

We can't be that naive and think it is just going to be used as another way to index pages. That makes no sense. Submitting content or submitting a page is completely different. There is a deeper purpose for it.

It's called creative and analytical thinking.

Last edited by Relevancy : 10-31-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Relevancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #5
inlogicalbearer
SEO and Marketing News from North

inlogicalbearer is on a distinguished road
The post of Rumor of the day is about Google Base. The Google Base sub-domain was found the day before (24 oct.) by Tony Ruscoe. I post on that the 24 and 25, and I even got access to it the afternoon of the 26 october for a few minute like Philipp Lenssen.

Last edited by inlogicalbearer : 11-01-2005 at 08:36 PM.
inlogicalbearer is offline   Reply With Quote