Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2005   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Google Wallet Coming Soon?

Gary Price SEW Blogged some of his speculation on clues he found that may relate to Google releasing Google Wallet (Google's payment processing system) soon.

He said that Google recently updated its robot.txt

Quote:
Last week Google disallowed the crawling of a directory named /purchases.

In the past day, Google disallowed the crawling of the /gwt/ directory. GWT sounds sort of like Google Wallet.
So do you think Gary is crazy or not?
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #2
Marketing Guy
Can't think of a witty title.

Marketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to all
A little bit of bitterness over at MSN.

Quote:
Microsoft is going to start pushing InfoCard like gangbusters come next year--and we know Google needs an answer for everything Redmond, so I don't consider it unlikely
Umm like search, PPC.....
Marketing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005   #3
Scott Fish

Scott Fish is on a distinguished road
For some reason I see googles Wallet system as being very similar regarding usage -to- paypal and ebay's strategy. I can easily see google wallet as being heavily tied into google's own business and adverting strategies.

I thinkthat if it takes off and is well received, it could go beyond proprietary usage, but it will have to be spectacular to do so.

just my 2cents..
Scott Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #4
Alidad

google wallet systems

hi, does any one know when google wallets system coming!

Alidad