Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2005   #1
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Top Ten SEO Factors

Rand has diligently created a list of top ten SEO factors, getting a number of people to review his initial list. Lots of details and comments here: http://www.seomoz.org/articles/searc...php?comments=1.

Below are the top ten results (5.0 would have been a perfect score for being most important).

Title Tag - 4.57
Anchor Text of Links - 4.46
Keyword Use in Document Text - 4.38
Accessibility of Document - 4.31
Links to Document from Site-Internal Pages - 4.15
Primary Subject Matter of Site - 4.00
External Links to Linking Pages - 3.92
Link Popularity of Site in Topical Community - 3.77
Global Link Popularity of Site - 3.69
Keyword Spamming - 3.69

What do you think? Comments on these?
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #2
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
wow on first look 5 of the top 10 to do with linking...this could make a great preso at SES...
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #3
St0n3y
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know.

St0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to allSt0n3y is a name known to all
I saw the updated version of this w/o the comments, but the comments really help put things in perspective, especially for the debatable issues. It's nice to see the different thoughts and opinions behind the ratings. Excellente work!
St0n3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #4
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
I'm fascinated by the opinions of the folks who voted. I think there were a lot of people who were expecting to have large disagreements, but the most disagreement we saw was on very minor factors and even then it was still highly uniform in terms of voting - strange for such a small sample size.

Thanks for your suggestion to do this, Danny. I'm very happy with the way it worked out.

I'll probably run something similiar in 6 months - 1 year and update it with new factors and try to get 30-50 voters involved.
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote