Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2005   #1
Ozwold

Ozwold is on a distinguished road
Reciprocal Linking - Bad Neighbourhoods

Hi,

I'm working on some sites at the moment, all of which are very competitve. No surprises there! Anyway I am doing a reciprocal link build campaign, but obviously I am going down the related route.

But one thing which strikes me is that I find a site of interest and would like to swap links, however as well as the related link categories, they also have categories to do with gambling and pharmacy, which really does not relate to what they do.

Now should I ask for a link from them even though they are linking to gambling and pharmacy sites?

I understand that reciprocal link is not the ideal solution, and I do have strategy underway to obtain one way related links which will improve my sites rankings.

Thanks

Ozwold.
Ozwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #2
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
First consider the actualy page that's going to link to you--that's really what's most important. Just because a site has a pills or gambling category doesn't mean it's a bad neighborhood. The Yahoo! Directory has those categories--and they're certainly not a bad neighborhood.
Old 09-29-2005   #3
Ozwold

Ozwold is on a distinguished road
Thanks bhartzer,

Thats what I was looking for, I suppose if the page has a related theme to what I have then thats okay. Like you say Yahoo! has those kind of categories, so thats cool.

Oz.
Ozwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #4
glengara

glengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud of
Getting a link from a site that's linking to iffy categories is one thing, linking back to it may require somewhat closer scrutiny, IMO.
glengara is offline   Reply With Quote