Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2005   #1
Andy1969

Andy1969 is on a distinguished road
Happy 7th Birthday Google....again?

I thought this a week or two ago? The front page tells us different...Google Cake....hmmmm cake

In case they pull the image it's here: ttp://www.google.co.uk/logos/7th_birthday.gif

Happy birthday G.....again?

Last edited by Andy1969 : 09-27-2005 at 05:46 AM.
Andy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #2
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
Happy birthday G.....again? - I think its "still happy birthday"

Quote:
When is Google's official birthday?

Google's official birthday is September 7, 1998.
It's interesting - the page that said that has been pulled....

It was http://www.google.com/support/bin/an...4866&topic=367

Its still in the cache though....

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:G...birthday&hl=en

? Mystery....

Last edited by Chris_D : 09-27-2005 at 05:20 AM. Reason: close /quote
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #3
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
It was. But then Google decided today was the day it would be celebrated. Apparently the date floats around a lot within Google and they've now decided to go with this one. Or maybe they want two slices of cake. Or prefer to be a Libra over a Virgo
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #4
Andy1969

Andy1969 is on a distinguished road
..phew! I thought I was going mad!! Thanks for the clarification.

If only it was yesterday Danny!

Happy belated btw!

Andy
Andy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #5
offpage

birthday

It might have come off as callous to celebrate something in the midst of a huge natural disaster. Just a thought...
Old 09-27-2005   #6
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
Reminds me of a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry David complains about being at Ben Stiller's "Birthday Party" two weeks after the actual date.

20 days does seem to be stretching it. Luckily they managed to keep it in the same month.
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #7
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
So are you going to have another 40th birthday this weekend Danny? Seems only fair to me.....

Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote