Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > The Padded Room
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2004   #1
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Search Engine Strategies Best of the Best (and Worst Dressed…)

This has got to be one of the most absurd PR strategies I've seen, so hey- just for that reason, I've got to give it some 'press time' here:

Search Engine Strategies Best of the Best (and Worst Dressed…)
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/7/prweb144533.htm

....coming soon.... SEM's Most Beautiful People.

thanks to thejenn for passing on the link.

Last edited by Elisabeth : 07-28-2004 at 02:53 PM.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #2
Incubator

Incubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura about
LOL but very funny

Whens the reality show coming ?

Cheers

WC
Incubator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #3
Chris Sherman
Executive Editor, SearchEngineWatch.com

Chris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the rough
"Sartorially challenged???"

I resemble that remark...

(hoping that Danny doesn't see the release and decide to drag me out shopping... )

Last edited by Chris Sherman : 07-28-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Chris Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #4
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
yes, luckily every person on that list (I believe) will find humor in it, instead of being personally insulted, though the idea could have been executed a bit better, i think.

(but, i can also see the egos breaking down across the globe for not earning a mention
Old 07-28-2004   #5
thejenn
Oversees: Outsourcing SEM

thejenn will become famous soon enoughthejenn will become famous soon enough
Seriously...I'm going to show up in my frumpiest maternity outfit next week, just as protest for not making the list this time...

Maybe Kevin can send Bryan a did-it undershirt?

Either way, I'm with Lis, while I assume the release was meant to be funny, I think it's far more likely to come across as mean...
thejenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #6
Elisabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sherman

(hoping that Danny doesn't see the release and decide to drag me out shopping... )
Yah, he & shari might tag team you! watch out!!!
Old 07-28-2004   #7
Jeremy_Goodrich

Jeremy_Goodrich will become famous soon enough
It's certainly interesting to see who's mentioned & who's neglected in the list.

If we had a list of "slick dressed" folks, I wonder who would make it?

Anybody wanna throw out some names before next week?

Gotta wonder, though - what type of an image *should* an SEO project? Black hat, cape, and cane? Or white hat, tux with tails? Perhaps something in gray...
Jeremy_Goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #8
thejenn

Maybe "footie" pajamas would be most appropriate?

After all, what percentage of the industry works out of their respective bedrooms?
Old 07-28-2004   #9
Chris Sherman
Executive Editor, SearchEngineWatch.com

Chris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the roughChris Sherman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_Goodrich
If we had a list of "slick dressed" folks, I wonder who would make it?
Mikkel!!!

A perpetual and ongoing highlight of SES for me is seeing what new and, um, "interesting" clothes Mikkel has found. (remember, though, I'm officially fashion-challenged...)

I can't believe Meredith left him off the list.
Chris Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #10
Jeremy_Goodrich

Jeremy_Goodrich will become famous soon enough
ROFLMAO, if you dress like you're fresh off the set of Miami Vice, imho, you belong on that press release, and NOT the "best dressed" list.

Totally forgot about him (well, his attire, anyway)...is there anyway to make sure he wears that red jacket ensemble I recall ? Surely, it would get him a "write up".
Jeremy_Goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #11
thejenn

red, plaid, yellow...they are all certainly suits that should have gotten her attention if she's been to any SES shows...

maybe she's reserving him for the best dressed list?

Or, there will be a third, "most entertainingly dressed" list...
Old 07-28-2004   #12
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Definitely the most recognizable SEO from a distance.

http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ine=1086169248

Mikkel deMib Svendsen
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #13
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Mikkel, you wuz robbed not being on that list. You're an institution!

I'm hoping Derek from Mirago will make a return again this year. Who? OK, remember the guy last year in a formal shirt and tie but no pants? That was Derek. Why? So people would ask him why he was dressed that way (they did), and he'd say, "So you'd come up an ask me and I could tell you about Mirago."

Quote:
hoping that Danny doesn't see the release and decide to drag me out shopping...
I was in Old Navy tonight, Chris, and thought of you...
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #14
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
Quote:
maybe she's reserving him for the best dressed list?
I very much agree.
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #15
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Don't forget Dana's matching hair outfit combo's
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004   #16
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
I was really disappointed to see Mikkel wearing a "normal" suit at SES Toronto. It was great to see the old Mikkel back in fine form in San Jose.

I'm wondering, maybe his duds were stopped at the Canadian border and it took him awhile to get them back? There might be a lot of paperwork involved for some of those items.
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote