Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2005   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Google Groups Results At Bottom of SERPs

Gary reports that Results from Google Groups Now Appearing at the Bottom of Google Web Results Pages

Example search: http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+crash

Might need to refresh a few times to trigger it and check the bottom of the page. I am surprised this is not embedded at the top.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #2
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
Might need to refresh a few times to trigger it and check the bottom of the page. I am surprised this is not embedded at the top.
embedded at the top, but Barry they have already tested the top slots, and they have tested in the middle of the serps.. so it makes sense to test the baseline... whoever they have playing with the GUI at the moment ..is going through the correct methods of test placement

DaveN
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN
embedded at the top, but Barry they have already tested the top slots, and they have tested in the middle of the serps.. so it makes sense to test the baseline... whoever they have playing with the GUI at the moment ..is going through the correct methods of test placement

DaveN
I want them at the top!!!!!
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #4
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
But this isn't a test any longer. I mean, they've put into the help pages that these results will show up there. That tells me they've locked down what they want to do with Google Groups results, at least.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #5
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
they've put into the help pages... they can always change those

DaveN
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote