Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2005   #1
Ozwold

Ozwold is on a distinguished road
Google Datacenters Backlink Update

I'm currently using the Google datacentre tool to check backlinks and the number of pages cached, and I've noticed that some datacentres are now showing an increase/decrease in backlinks

These are the datacentres in question.

Perhaps we are seeing backlink update?

Is anyone seeing this?

Thanks

Ozwold.
Ozwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #2
onedodd
Onedodd

onedodd is on a distinguished road
link

yes I have seen a change in my backlinks total.

I had 225 links on google and now have 219.

I have been adding a steady stream of links, many of them pr 4 and up. I don't understand how I keep going down.
Last update I went from 395 to 225 but have been continually adding decent links.
At the same time my MSN and Yahoo links show in the many thousands. I know they calculate links differently but still I thought I'd have an increase on G.

Also though when I search my links like this link:!www.site.com I show an increase from 800 to 3600 so links have been added.

Last edited by onedodd : 09-06-2005 at 11:28 AM.
onedodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #3
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
FYI, we have a related thread over here: Sept. 2005 Google Index Update & Size Increase Coming?.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005   #4
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
onedodd, on the link:! search you did, from what I can see, it seems to be the same as if the ! mark is treated as a space. In other words:

[link:!site.com] = [link: site.com] which in turn equals [link site com] a search for all three words, rather than a backlink lookup. I only looked briefly but saw same counts and what seem to be the same results.

The link| command is doing really funky stuff, so I've split that dicussion off over here: What's Link| Versus Link: Showing On Google?.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote