Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Vertical Markets & Specialty Search > Local Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2005   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Yahoo! Local Bad with Localized Language

I am sure it is just an oversight, but take a look at my company's local profile.

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=11262068

Notice it reads;
Payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cheque

Since I am in New York, USA - and its a local search engine, so it know that, why not spell it "check"?

rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #2
Chicago

Chicago will become famous soon enoughChicago will become famous soon enough
Cause we are all British at heart

Regardless, maybe we can get you 5-10 more reviews now that we have access.

I just gave you a glowing review

Last edited by Chicago : 08-25-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Ha, that works.

I already got myself busted for that.
Old 08-25-2005   #4
Chicago

Chicago will become famous soon enoughChicago will become famous soon enough
Nice.

And your friends veiwpoints are objective....
Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #5
rustybrick

Moderation Note:

I split off the discussion on does Yahoo! Local Driving Web Leads? into a new thread at http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ead.php?t=7521.
Old 08-26-2005   #6
MoneyMan

MoneyMan is on a distinguished road
I was pleasantly surprised at the level of local lingo YLocal had in the most recent update.

I live in Chicago, and the geo filter has the standard Chicago neighborhoods, but also the names of the areas that the locals use to deliniate geo location but are not formal names on any map with formal boundaries (for example, Wrigleyville the area by Wrigleyfield or Magnificent Mile and area along Michigan Avenue).

This isn't a difficult item to code in if you are creating a local site, but to do it across the many cities is a little feather in the cap. Granted, I haven't tested other cities to see if this is the case, nor would I know the lingo of those cities enough to test.
MoneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote