Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > The Padded Room
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2005   #1
NFFC
"One wants to have, you know, a little class." DianeV

NFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to behold
You're In A Room With The Three Most Powerful People In Search

...people in search.

You get one question.

You say?

[re: http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ead.php?t=7337 ]

Quote:
WOW what a time .. Tim Mayer of yahoo gives SEO's BlackHats and Shari a chance to meet the yahoo search engineers to discuss the new 19.2 Billion Index and latest Updates.. then takes us all to the all Amercian theme park.. how can any one beat that !!

Matt Cutts, beats him .. hahaha yer he did, at 10 o'clock he pulled me, chris_r and jenstar out of the googledance ( I only hard one drink ... pfffft ), and for the next 5 hours . yes 5 Hours we toured the plex and chatted on sofa's near one of the micro kitchens inside the plex.. at 1.30 Larry and Sergey turned up.. Sergey hung out with us for just over 1 hour, wow what a guy, very honest and down to earth

Moderator Note:
Added the key quote from the thread NFFC referenced to help things along!

Last edited by dannysullivan : 08-17-2005 at 06:04 AM.
NFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #2
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
you say...
Can I have your autograph?

What can you say? It's not like they're going to give you the magic bullet and tell you everything that's included in the algorithm. Besides, I'm not sure if one person (or three people, for that matter) actually know every part of it.
Old 08-16-2005   #3
robwatts
Idoit: A non too bright volunteer

robwatts has a spectacular aura aboutrobwatts has a spectacular aura about
..your eyelids are very heavy, you are feeling very sleepy, my voice is all that you can hear, I am going to count to 10, very slowly....
robwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #4
Gurtie
I am woman, hear me whine

Gurtie is a jewel in the roughGurtie is a jewel in the roughGurtie is a jewel in the roughGurtie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFFC
You say?
"Look into my eyes, deep into my eyes, you are feeling sleepy....... when I snap my fingers you will wake and you will not remember this conversation but whenever you hear the word 'chinese' you will quack like a duck"

(that last bit is just for amusement - may as well make the absolute most of the evening )

<edit - oh %&**! - someone beat me to it >
Gurtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #5
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
you say:

want to talk watches guys . I have an omega speedmaster..

DaveN
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #6
rcjordan
There are a lot of truths out there. Just choose one that suits you. -Wes Allison

rcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to all
>say

You coming to roadshow?
rcjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #7
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
>>You say?<<

"You guys know how to find me?"
Robert_Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #8
jewboy

jewboy is a jewel in the roughjewboy is a jewel in the roughjewboy is a jewel in the roughjewboy is a jewel in the rough
ask them what stocks they own....then go buy the same
jewboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #9
Marketing Guy
Can't think of a witty title.

Marketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to allMarketing Guy is a name known to all
- White hat
"Why do you keep paying scraper sites through Adsense?"

- Black hat
"Why were FedEx so slow this month?"

- White hat
"Why were innocent sites penalised in the last update last month?"

- Black hat
"There was an update last month?"

- White hat
"OK, OK - seriously - who is GoogleGuy?"

- Black hat
"OK, OK - seriously - where is Matt?"

- White hat
"If I link to my own site will I be penalised?"

- Black hat
"If I link to WH's site can I get him penalised?"

- White hat
"Can I get some of your merchandise?"

- Black hat
"Do you want some of my merchandise?"

- White hat
"What's the secret to the Google algo?"

- Black hat
"Where's the bathroom?"

Marketing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #10
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Is AskJeeves your first white label vendor?
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #11
grnidone
Righteous Babe.

grnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nice
"Sergey Brin, I have a BONE to pick with you.."

Why didn't you answer the email I sent you?
grnidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #12
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
If the whole conv was not off record ... I would tell you want I asked

added:
Sergey old friend with you want to join in the conv you can at any time, but don't mention Plan X12b69 they would not like it

DaveN

btw ( joke there is no plan X12b69 )
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #13
NFFC
"One wants to have, you know, a little class." DianeV

NFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to behold
>Why didn't you answer the email I sent you?

Don't take it personal, I assume he has dates lined up for years to come.
NFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #14
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Dave I would have left that hanging and wait for it to be published at news.com....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #15
glengara

glengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud ofglengara has much to be proud of
>>You say?<<

So was it AdSense all along?

Last edited by glengara : 08-17-2005 at 04:49 PM.
glengara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #16
seomike
Md_Rewrite Guru

seomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to behold
So Mr.'s Sullivan, Tabke and Tegtmeir where are all the white hats?
seomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #17
PhilC

PhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud of
Do you have an invitation?
PhilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #18
ThomasASmith

Open it up!

Wouldn't it help the (I suppose now probabilistic) latent semantic analysis process if it were broken down into tiny modules or pieces and outsourced to millions to work out or propose the appropriate statistical or semantical relationships in their field of expertise, much like the open source process that is going on with Linux, and the wonderful encyclopedic process going on with Wikipedia; it would greatly decrease the frustration of irrevalency, wouldn't it?
Old 08-18-2005   #19
Chris R

Chris R is on a distinguished road
Hmmm - what would I ask? Oh wait - I was there
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #20
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Quote:
"you ask...?"
"OK, so are SEM's your friends or your foes?"

By the way I added a poll about this subject to another thread.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote