Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Other Search Engines & Directories
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005   #1
djalecc
to touch is one thing, to feel is another.

djalecc is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Foook.com indexes while you watch!

Has anyone been to foook.com ? They index your site live as you watch, pretty cool...

Dont think its a biggie yet, but you never know!

Edited after prompt from moderator....

I think foook has good potential, I'm not saying it is anything like the 'big' boys, but foook is a good name and it does some pretty good things.

First off, there are no adverts, just results, the results seem to be a bit low, but growing daily.

Foook don't spider the web like other search engines to find websites, you update your listing when you know something has changed, this can be done as often as you like.

It will only index the page you ask it to, however foook can crawl the web just like the others.

Foook offer to spider your entire site in return for placing a foook search box on your site... I guess they have to get known somehow.

Results look fast and neat, I like it, they spidered my site! I also like MSN better than google, but thats just because I'm No1 on MSN

Last edited by djalecc : 08-03-2005 at 09:42 AM.
djalecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #2
Randolph
Web Fiend

Randolph is on a distinguished road
pretty cool

I submitted a couple of sites to them. Are they spidering on their own at all, or is it submission only?

I love the catch phrase.....fook it!

Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #3
djalecc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolph
I submitted a couple of sites to them. Are they spidering on their own at all, or is it submission only?

I love the catch phrase.....fook it!

They don't spider... yet, they are 'testing' from their help page, you can find all the information that makes things clear.

Its more of a 'submit' your page, then they keep it upto date by re-indexing every so often. But the good thing is, if you can't wait for the re-index, then you can re-index the page yourself simply by ticking the box.
Old 08-03-2005   #4
mtweed

mtweed is on a distinguished road
I think if Foook utilizes a submission basis for sites, they might look into what Google is using with their xml sitemap or some variation.
mtweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #5
orion

orion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

I submitted my research site and queried it right away. It does returns my index page for my intended keywords. That's a good thing.

I did some basic testing.

Using the following crafted url

http://www.foook.com/index.php?start...ry=mark eting

that is, setting start =1 and results to a large number such as 1000, it seems to return all available records for the intended query.

Using results=* returns a message displaying the following directory path.

/home/foookcom/public_html/index.php

Using results=6000&query=www returns all available results so far indexed and relevant to the query "www"
http://www.foook.com/index.php?start...6000&query=www

I would suggest to correct this. Why give away all records?

Orion

Last edited by orion : 08-03-2005 at 02:58 PM.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #6
djalecc

Thumbs up

hmmm, very interesting, and you are quite correct...

I believe foook has fixed these errors now!
Old 08-04-2005   #7
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
Quote:
They index your site live as you watch, pretty cool...
www.gigablast.com has been doing that for years - watch you logs when you submit!
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #8
orion

orion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by djalecc
hmmm, very interesting, and you are quite correct...

I believe foook has fixed these errors now!
Glad they fixed because once the records are given away, someone can save them for other purposes. The last time I tested the tool it returned above 5,000 records. Inspecting these now it shows around 1,000 relevant to djalecc.com and many more from africaonline.com.

In the case of Gigablast, it can be instructed to return 200 records even when the pulldown menu gives the 10 to 100 max range. Here is an example
http://www.gigablast.com/search?k6i=...arch%20engines.

Orion
Old 08-04-2005   #9
djalecc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D
www.gigablast.com has been doing that for years - watch you logs when you submit!
Cant seem to find a 'Submit your Url' link anywhere on gigablast, tho all my sites do seem to be listed on there dispite me never submitting to them! Cool...

Or did I miss the link as its far to early and I'm only on my 1st cup of tea!
Old 08-04-2005   #10
orion

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by djalecc
They don't spider... yet, they are 'testing' from their help page, you can find all the information that makes things clear.

Its more of a 'submit' your page, then they keep it upto date by re-indexing every so often. But the good thing is, if you can't wait for the re-index, then you can re-index the page yourself simply by ticking the box.
Based on the following Whois information, I don't understand the reference to they

http://www.whois.sc/foook.com
http://www.whois.sc/djalecc.com

Orion
Old 08-04-2005   #11
djalecc

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Based on the following Whois information, I don't understand the reference to they

Orion
er.. They, are a team of nutters playing with code!
Whats more, it's jolly good fun!