Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2005   #1
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
Jupitermedia Sells Search Engine Watch & SES Shows

according to MediaPost
http://publications.mediapost.com/in...es.san&s=32701
SEW & ClickZ family sold for $43 million cash to London-based trade publisher Incisive Media plc.
Old 08-02-2005   #2
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Wow. What does this mean?

The article mentions expanding the conference series and with a currently scheduled 10 shows per year (4 domestic and 6 international), I wonder where this series is going to go next? Most of us who are speakers are already pretty busy travelling all over the place to these and other conference events so this will be interesting to see.

Last edited by Joseph Morin : 08-02-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #3
grnidone
Righteous Babe.

grnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nice
That's it? No details from Danny on this?
grnidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #4
Scottie
In search of stuff...

Scottie has a spectacular aura aboutScottie has a spectacular aura about
That's kinda big news... no leaks on this that I have heard! What does that mean for the whole team? Just a new owner... or a new strategy?
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #5
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
Holy cow!

Danny, care to comment?
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #6
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Hey, merged two threads on the same subject. Have to be real fast on this because I'm literally running out the door to a meeting over at Ask Jeeves. I'm out in California ahead of the show doing search engine visits and only getting online during the late evening my time.

Jupiter is moving to focus on its images business, hence our sale. It's a plus for us, the SEW team, because we move to a company that wants to grow this side of the business. I, Chris, Gary and most of all to everyone here -- Elisabeth -- are moving over as part of this. I fully expect we'll be operating just as before and hopefully just be getting better.

Joe, yep, they definitely want to do more shows -- but shows internationally. I think that will not impact speakes as much, because I know whenever I can, I try to draw from speakers within a particular country. That's also a good thing in the long run, because it means more search marketers may have an opportunity to be seen within their own areas.

That's pretty much it so far. I'll try to come back in and answer any questions later in the day my time, when I get out of my meetings in about eight hours. Maybe I'll even get breakfast
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #7
orion

orion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to beholdorion is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

Great news this morning. This opens the door to more opportunities.

Orion
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #8
eWhisper

eWhisper is on a distinguished road
This will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm sure you'll go over some of the details at the conference next week
eWhisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #9
DaveN

DaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to allDaveN is a name known to all
should be interesting times ahead

DaveN
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #10
Jonathan Mendez

Jonathan Mendez will become famous soon enough
Those Brits sure like the Trade Shows.

Sounds like a positive for the industry. Good luck to all!
Jonathan Mendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #11
5starAffiliatePrograms
Affiliate Management Consultant

5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough5starAffiliatePrograms is a jewel in the rough
Wow, big news! Congrats to all!

Linda
5starAffiliatePrograms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #12
jewboy

jewboy is a jewel in the roughjewboy is a jewel in the roughjewboy is a jewel in the roughjewboy is a jewel in the rough
Good luck on your new home! Hope to see some major advancements with this acquisition.
jewboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #13
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Alan Meckler, JupiterMedia's CEO, posted his thoughts, "Why We Sold Search Engine Strategies" in his blog.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #14
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
Hey - congratulations!

Quote:
they definitely want to do more shows -- but shows internationally.
Its been a long time since you were here in Sydney Danny (2002) - maybe we'll be seeing you again soon?

Chris
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #15
Rob
Canuck SEM

Rob will become famous soon enoughRob will become famous soon enough
Personally I wouldn't mind the shows being a bit longer - like a day.

Having spoken at 2 shows now I find it difficult to attend all the sessions I want PLUS get all the free stuff from vendors and still take time to rehearse for my gig.

While I feel I have learned a lot, I think a longer show might make it a little more relaxed and allow me more time to digest what I've seen/heard.

And I wouldn't mind seeing the show in a few different areas - such as Seattle or Vancouver. Spread it out with a few more North American shows.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #16
thejenn
Oversees: Outsourcing SEM

thejenn will become famous soon enoughthejenn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Jupiter is moving to focus on its images business
Ohh...so THAT'S why I get an email every other day telling me how great the new Jupiter image archive is....I was wondering...

Anyway, congrats to all. More SES shows sounds like fun.
thejenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #17
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejenn
More SES shows sounds like fun.
Geez Jenn I'm already hitting no less than 20 shows next year as it is!
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #18
thejenn
Oversees: Outsourcing SEM

thejenn will become famous soon enoughthejenn will become famous soon enough
Yeah...that leaves 32 whole weeks of the year with no SES. Geeze...how long does it take you to get your work done man?
thejenn is offline   Reply With Quote