Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2005   #1
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
SES San Jose 2005: Parties, Events & Gatherings

Moderator Note: Thread split from here so that this one can focus on adding details about all the various parties and things going on. Know about something? Share with others! Also see this at-a-glance guide to parties.

Quote:
<added>since I know someone will say it...wonder if they will run out of beer this year and force us to finish the wine before finally leaving like last year </added>
Wonder if Yahoo! will have an "SES party rule #2" after this year's Google Dance

And for those wondering why it was notable that Google ran out of beer at the Google Dance, here you go.

Last edited by dannysullivan : 08-05-2005 at 02:35 AM.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #2
vinniesmith2227

vinniesmith2227 is on a distinguished road
Anyone have any details on the Yahoo party??
vinniesmith2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #3
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
The only thing I heard so far is that it is going to be on Monday this year. It was on Wednesday last year after the Google Dance. Maybe they want to beat Google to the punch this year or maybe MSN will throw one on Wed now that they are in the search battle as well?
David Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #4
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And for those wondering why it was notable that Google ran out of beer at the Google Dance, here you go.
ROFL! Nice!

It's great to see a sense of humor like that. I can't believe I missed that last year...

Ian
Old 07-28-2005   #5
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
It looks like Google Dance has been removed from Special Events page on SES San Jose site -

http://www.jupiterevents.com/sew/sum...ialevents.html.

Do you think 1.) they filled up already and didn't want to draw any more attention, 2.) canceled it or 3.) Jupiter decided not to list everyone's party as official events?

At any rate RSVP page is still there. If anyone forgot to RSVP, it is at -

http://services.google.com/events/ses2005_rsvp.
David Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #6
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
I'm assuming that there's no Looksmart party this year? I was looking forward to another 'round at the Jazz club!
Old 07-28-2005   #7
Brandy

Brandy is on a distinguished road
Hey All! This is my very first post and want to ensure my netiquette.....however, my post seems appropriate for this thread and we are just bursting about some awesome news! First, I am really happy to join this community in a more formal sense and participate on a regular basis.

We want to announce that we are hosting WebmasterRadio.FM's SEARCH BASH 2 at SES in San Jose on the evening of August 10, 2005. This evening promises to be a night of complete fun, networking and lots of libations!

WebmasterRadio.FM's SEARCH BASH is sponsored by: Presenting Sponsors: TextLinkAds, PRWEB and Monstercommerce and Premiere Sponsors: Infosearchmedia and Moniker.

We can't wait to see you there.....more info. forthcoming!
Brandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #8
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
You know what I want? Someone to make a Google or Yahoo map plotting out everything, for when these all come in
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #9
toprank
Lee Odden

toprank will become famous soon enoughtoprank will become famous soon enough
Hey Brandy, If your SES party is anything like what you did with Yahoo at the Las Vegas Pubcon it should be awesome.

BTW, I'm covering the conference for AllBusiness.com this year and if anyone has a few min for a quick interview on the conference, please let me know.

Am looking forward to another trip to San Jose!
toprank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #10
Jeremy_Goodrich

Jeremy_Goodrich will become famous soon enough
This is sounding like a load of fun - can't wait.
Jeremy_Goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #11
sarainkc

sarainkc is on a distinguished road
Hey David Wallace - Thanks for the Google Dance registration link!
sarainkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #12
shorebreak

shorebreak will become famous soon enough
Make waves

My moniker obliges me to say that the surf's been pretty good lately, so if any of you coming in from out of town relish a frigid surf/boogie board session, Linda Mar beach in Pacifica is about 45 minutes from SES. Anyone interested in a dawn patrol run?

-Shorebreak
shorebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005   #13
Brandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprank
Hey Brandy, If your SES party is anything like what you did with Yahoo at the Las Vegas Pubcon it should be awesome.

BTW, I'm covering the conference for AllBusiness.com this year and if anyone has a few min for a quick interview on the conference, please let me know.

Am looking forward to another trip to San Jose!
Hey TopRank, thanks for the Kudos.....we so appreciate Yahoo! and had a fabulous time. SearchBash is meant to be an event presented by WebmasterRadio.FM and sponsored by awesome companies which are truly committed to the community......because that is what it is all about.... the community!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Old 07-30-2005   #14
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Yea, Brandy!!!

You throw killer parties

So great to see you here too! & looking forward to seeing you in San Jose!
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005   #15
Brandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabeth
Yea, Brandy!!!

You throw killer parties

So great to see you here too! & looking forward to seeing you in San Jose!
You rock.....thank you so much! We can't wait to see you either.....just no more crazy cab drivers!
Old 07-31-2005   #16
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Man, that beach must be like the gathering spot for search. Someone from Google took me out there at the beginning of June. Yes, I managed to get up on the board for about 1 second. And learned I have absolutely no upper body strength. Someone else was out there from Shopping.com. So name a time, I'll shoot it over to the Google contact, and you might have the first SES Surf Party. I'll watch from the sand and wish I were better.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #17
vinniesmith2227

vinniesmith2227 is on a distinguished road
It has been annoucned that the Yahoo party is being held at Paramount's Great America and free, unlimited access to the park is provided.
vinniesmith2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #18
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebreak
My moniker obliges me to say that the surf's been pretty good lately, so if any of you coming in from out of town relish a frigid surf/boogie board session, Linda Mar beach in Pacifica is about 45 minutes from SES. Anyone interested in a dawn patrol run?

-Shorebreak
Please IM me I would be totally psyched for an early surf session or two. Body surfing is my gig...and I like cold water.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #19
Shoko
Internet Marketing & SEM

Shoko is on a distinguished road
first timer...

well, from what I read here, it seems like no one is going to be at the conference.
everybody is going to be at the beach or drunk in some other party.
hell of a way to optimized your time there ! :-)

well, I have two questions:
1. can someone tell me about the good parties ?

2. where can I get the "entry password" (or is it all free for all)?

;-)
Shoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #20
Contentlogic

Contentlogic is on a distinguished road
WebmasterRadio.FM's SEARCH BASH 2

"We want to announce that we are hosting WebmasterRadio.FM's SEARCH BASH 2 at SES in San Jose on the evening of August 10, 2005. This evening promises to be a night of complete fun, networking and lots of libations!"

Will be a great time! Hope all can come
Contentlogic is offline   Reply With Quote