Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Other Search Engines & Directories
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2005   #1
UJIKO

UJIKO is on a distinguished road
New Search Engine UJIKO

Hello,

KartOO technologies just launched 3 weeks ago a new version of its well-known search engine UJIKO.

As a member of Kartoo’s Product Group of KartOO technologies in charge of the evolution of UJIKO, I would like to solicit your opinion about this innovative product.

To check by yourself UJIKO’s performances just go to http://www.ujiko.com and to have an overview of its functionalities you can visit http://www.ujiko.com/v2a/en_htm/index.htm
Every opinion and remark will be reviewed with great interest by Kartoo’ TEAM

Don’t hesitate to contact us for any questions, issues you may have.

Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Christophe Boizet
UJIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #2
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
very cool from what I have seen. i like that it is interactive and offers more and more services as you use it. What happens if I use it on more than one CPU? I guess I would have to perform many searches on each one in order to gain the same "levels" of usage. Is this something you will eventually be able to login to in order to keep stats on separate cpu's? Any PPC in the future? Look like an excellent "personalized" search engine on first review.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005   #3
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
I have another quick question...do you spider the results yourself or is this a license-based use of other SE results?
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #4
cameljockey67
Camel Jockey

cameljockey67 is on a distinguished road
UJIKO,

As a developer of a startup search engine like yours I can honestly say bravo. Your interface is one of the best I have seen for a search engine and is very sharp looking over the dull Google results. Do you base pages on popularity and links; are you a meta search engine or did you develop your own crawler... what language did you use to make your crawler and how were you able to crawl so many pages so quickly?

Again, great job and good luck.

-Steve
cameljockey67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #5
Fabius

Fabius is on a distinguished road
In all probability, they're a meta search using google primarily.

Interface is nice and clean, but I still prefer Kartoo over this new engine - Ujiko.
Fabius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005   #6
UJIKO

UJIKO is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your answers...

Quote:
What happens if I use it on more than one CPU?
UJIKO's datas are saved on the user's computer, so, for now, you won't be able to find your personnalization in many CPUs but we are working on a system which would allow users to backup there datas on an USB key (or other) in order to export UJIKO's content on many CPUs.

Quote:
do you spider the results yourself or is this a license-based use of other SE results?
We are using YST (Yahoo Search technology) results which has an index of 6,6 billion pages. We have developped some programms (some of them are patented) to improve these results, such as the heart and trash filters, the circular cartography, etc..

We are also developping some other functionnalities which will be integrated soon...

Thanks a lot.
UJIKO is offline   Reply With Quote