Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Advertising > Contextual Ads & Alternatives
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2005   #1
alexorella

alexorella will become famous soon enoughalexorella will become famous soon enough
Experience with IntelliTXT?

I've recently stumbled upon a keyword ad technology that I find both infuriating and ingenious, IntelliTXT, http://www.vibrantmedia.com/site2005/web_02.html.

Does anyone have any experience advertising with them? It seems like the possibility of advertising on a competitor's content is very high with an even higher possibility of backlash.

I wonder if this is a stroke of genius or something that will irritate readers like it irritated me when the ad boxes popped up blocking article text I was reading...

Can't decide if I want to pursue or avoid. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Alexis
alexorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #2
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
Sites with a high number of repeat visitors are more likely to find that their visitors tend to get annoyed with IntelliTXT, particularly when there is a higher set number of ads per page - with IntelliTXT you can decide the maximum number of ads per page. Minimum is one ad, IntelliTXT recommends a maximum of five per page, although some run more.

Forbes was one site which pulled the usage of IntelliTXT due to editor and reader complaints, there are many more as well. But some webmasters are quite happy with using this program.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Here is one case study, Threadwatch Drops IntelliTXT

Quote:
Poor CTR, Poor Earnings, User Complaints
In 7 days, i've earnt the grand total of $10.92 with a CTR of 1.25%
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote