Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2005   #1
massa

massa is just really nicemassa is just really nicemassa is just really nicemassa is just really nicemassa is just really nice
roadshow Edinburgh

I'm ready to finalize travel plans and one more time I need to know the exact date and location of the SEO roadshow in Scotland this coming September.

Last year after SES London, I went to Edinburgh to visit a close friend. To get back home, we had a plane change in Amsterdam. I'd never been there but had always dreamed of going since I was like 15.

A man had a heart attack in the plane at the Edinburgh airport while we were on the Tarmac. By the time the airline had removed the man, we had missed our connecting flight. The airline paid for our travel, meals and hotel for the one night and I got to spend a week in Amersterdam that night. I've been hooked ever since.

So, this time we are going to go ahead and actually book a three or four day stay in Amersterdam after the roadshow. I want to see the city again and hopefully remember some of it this time. I may even try to learn to speak a little Amersterdamnit.

Any SEO Amersterdamianites willing to give give me a lesson or two?
massa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #2
Serio

Serio is on a distinguished road
Happy to oblige

Its all here

http://www.seoroadshow.com/
Serio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #3
Mike Grehan

Mike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to all
Just a short drive across the borders for me.

I'll be there - lots of girlie drinks, park benches galore and I may even have a heart attack to keep Bob happy!

PS - Came through Amsterdam again last week - take brush with you - it was scruffy!
Mike Grehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #4
Shak
dot communist

Shak will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by massa
I got to spend a week in Amersterdam that night. I've been hooked ever since.

So, this time we are going to go ahead and actually book a three or four day stay in Amersterdam after the roadshow. I want to see the city again and hopefully remember some of it this time. I may even try to learn to speak a little Amersterdamnit.

Any SEO Amersterdamianites willing to give give me a lesson or two?
Looks like Amstardam got the better of you Bob

I'm there next week, and there are quite a few SEO/SEMs in Amsterdam from what I hear.

Shak
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #5
massa

massa is just really nicemassa is just really nicemassa is just really nicemassa is just really nicemassa is just really nice
Great! I certainly hope to hear from some by PM or email for at least a dinner or maybe a little pre-dinner aperitif, (do they even have anything like that in Amsterdam?), to swap some war stories.

Recently I had the great pleasure of meeting Ian and his friend Jeff in Banff Springs, Canada. I had an absolutely wonderful time. We had a little wine, a little moose, a little bear steak and some great conversation. I can now say without reservation Mcanerin is a man who when he speaks, any SEM should listen.

Hoping to weasel some more tips, hints and secrets out of some of our Dutch fellow warriors.

Also, I plan on getting into Edinburgh on the 8th and I have a private home to stay in. I would love to host a little roundtable discussion over a "private" dinner if anyone is interested.

Last edited by massa : 07-14-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-14-2005   #6
NFFC
"One wants to have, you know, a little class." DianeV

NFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to behold
>pre-dinner aperitif, (do they even have anything like that in Amsterdam

They sure do, probably not the kind you are used to though
NFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #7
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
massa

nederlands is a tough language to learn...but don't worry most everyone speaks english. As a matter of fact I lived there for four years and it was hard learning Dutch because they picked up on my accent and wanted to practice their english!

anyway, I would highly recommend if you are going for 4 days to take a day trip down to The Hague (Den Haag). Many nice things to see there, but if you are going for a day try to make it over to the beach (Scheveningen) and rent a bike for a nice ride along the wonderful bike paths that lead into the dunes. You can also go out on the pier and have a nice view back to the shoreline. If you are going in the summer ever, it is even more highly recommended as they have wonderful "Beach Pavilions" that rent lounges and parasols. best job I ever had was right after high school I worked at such a place. nothing like serving drinks to topless women all day at that age

The capital of Holland is actually The Hague, so the Parliement and the palaces are nice to see as well. Downtown has a wonderful shopping area with streets for pedestrians and the occasional crazed biker too. It's only an hour or so from A-Dam and well worth the trip.

Highly recommended anywhere in Holland: "maatjes hareng met uitjes" (if you like the idea of raw fish- wow these are great and I usually eat at least four per day on my visits.) Paaleng (Fried eel, also delicious) basically any seafood is good there. Also try a Rijstafel which is an Indonesian feast of different courses and gives you a good "base" for the beer.

You are probably already familiar with the beer, but my favorite is Grolsch. There was an old advertisments that translated to "One day you shall no longer drink beer and start drinking Grolsch." I also enjoy Orangeboom.
When in A-Dam you should of course visit the heineken brewery, but unless you want to go all day, save it for the afternoon because you will certainly have your share of beer at the end of the tour.

can't forget the Bulldog!
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005   #8
massa

Thanks for the details Chris. I've already started getting some online maps and trying to put together an itinerary. I heard about the Hague last time so that is a must.

>They sure do, probably not the kind you are used to though <

Sounds a little complicated NFFC. Did I meniton I was from Oklahoma? I'd hate to do anything that might make me look foolish while I'm there.

If you don't go with me and show me the ropes, I'll probably just do a little window shopping. Surely that couldn't get me into any trouble.
Old 07-15-2005   #9
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
Quote:
I'll probably just do a little window shopping. Surely that couldn't get me into any trouble.
From what I remember of Amsterdam, it surely might!
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005   #10
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
awesome! I love to shop!
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote