Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2005   #1
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Optimizing for Google Video Searches

I noticed over another thread Mikkel demonstrated an example of how he optimized a video to start testing the new Google Video search function.

In Chris Sherman's article, he mentions that "Google Video search looks at metadata encoded with the video." but in the longer version for members it describes that when uploading a new video there's way to add "information about your videos, including ID, title, date uploaded, price (USD), video information, whether you've included a transcript, and status (whether the video is live or not)."

I haven't had the opportunity to start playing around with this type of SEO, but before I do, I wanted to ask if anyone has had success with optimizing for Google Video searches? Are there any tips you can share that will save me and other members of the forum from making any mistakes. It will be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #2
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
I am working on it but honestly I don't like the 302's Google use on those video pages. I don't like it at all.

Just as little as I like the 302's they use on parked domains now. In fat, 3 nested 302's.

Google! Wake up and get that fixed!
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote